• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Garage is open tonight. Saturday

It's gonna be cold, but I'm building a mtb for baptistro if you want to come by for some work.
I dont drink, thanks for the offer though. I'm just a shop monkey, I like to wrench.

wrenching in my garage!!

G-spot

G-spot, ... You gotta be kiddin' me.
Dude, you never used that before. How long have a known you? Few years now. I could have been busting your balz this entire time about that. "G-spot" LOL :laughing :laughing :rofl

OK, ball busting aside, ...
Gregory is definitely one of the top bike mechanics I have ever come across and he actually just loves working on bikes.
Really is the strangest thing.

i bike from pleasanton to san leandro and back, im out of shape and need a new bike!

Question: I'm looking at a wheel set that is "Shimano compatible", but my bike has Campagnolo (Ultregra). Do I need to look for wheels that are Campagnolo compatible?

Question: I'm looking at a wheel set that is "Shimano compatible", but my bike has Campagnolo (Ultregra). Do I need to look for wheels that are Campagnolo compatible?

You sure you have Ultegra?

Campy-Shimano equivalent
Record = Dura-Ace 10spd
Chorus = Duraace 9spd
Centaur = Ultegra
Veloce = 105

Ummmm... "Ultegra" IS Shimano. :nerd But ya, generally, Campy and Shimano systems are not interchangeable.

I may be off base here, but that may not really matter if it's just the wheelset as long as you don't mind running a Shimano cassette with campy components. AS far as I know, the difference between Campy and Shimano is similar to the difference between Shimano and SRAM. Not 100% sure though. Just find out if a Shimano cassette is compatible with your campy comps.

I may be off base here, but that may not really matter if it's just the wheelset as long as you don't mind running a Shimano cassette with campy components. AS far as I know, the difference between Campy and Shimano is similar to the difference between Shimano and SRAM. Not 100% sure though. Just find out if a Shimano cassette is compatible with your campy comps.

The spline for Shimano & Campy are different. The SRAM stuff fits shimano (tested, cuz I run it on my bike), not sure if they are campy compatible.

my brief research indicates that aside from 10spd campy stuff, the Shimano cassettes are compatible with Campy drivetrain:

1. Campy 8-speed shifters and derailers use the exact same spacing as Shimano 7-speed stuff. You could use a 7-speed Shimano freehub and cassette along with a Campy 8-speed derailer and shifters with no problem whatsoever. Just adjust the derailer to limit its travel to the 7 cogs on the cassette.

2. Campy and Shimano 9-speed gear, while not exactly the same spacing, are close enough to each other that you can usually get away with the same mix of equipment as above: Shimano hub, cassette & chain along with Campy derailers & shifters.

However, you may need to consider dropout spacing. I think that's what Pelikan was saying.

anybody going to the NAHMBS in Portland this Feb? 4 of us are going to drive up with our track bikes and race an Alleycat on the Friday, drink our faces off and then check out the show on Saturday. Drive back on Sunday.

info here

Sounds like a hint to me.

Cool, have a blast and take lots of pictures for those of us that aren't going.

Back