• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Can anyone recommend me some pedals?
I currently have look pedals on my road bike. I only use it for transportation and commuting, and don't even own the clip shoes.

I want pedals with straps. But I want small stylish ones. Not the larger square metal ones I see from most stores.

My friend once showed me some that were oval-ish and had straps on it.
I like the style of the Look pedals because they're small and round, but I dont have the shoes, nor want them at this time.

If you have a good replacement for me i mind let me know.
Thanks

thinking of picking up a road bike, mainly to go ride the local trails for some cardio workout. any thoughts on a good bike to check out?

Can anyone recommend me some pedals?
I currently have look pedals on my road bike. I only use it for transportation and commuting, and don't even own the clip shoes.

I want pedals with straps. But I want small stylish ones. Not the larger square metal ones I see from most stores.

My friend once showed me some that were oval-ish and had straps on it.
I like the style of the Look pedals because they're small and round, but I dont have the shoes, nor want them at this time.

If you have a good replacement for me i mind let me know.
Thanks

The "caged" pedals by Nashbar might be your ticket since you can attach the cage/straps to them:
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/SubCategory_10053_10052_200455_-1_200276_200316

cages and straps listed here:
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/SubCategory_10053_10052_200409_-1_200276_200316

I'd call their customer support just to make sure everything's compatible first but that at least might get you in the right direction...

I want pedals with straps. But I want small stylish ones.

How about these?

15db5v8.jpg

Brand new - twenty dolla...

anyone do that Napa century yesterday? Shit was really hot, I got dehydrated at mile 70 to the point where I stopped sweating and I cramped my way through. Felt terrible but I did it.

If you ended the ride with salt stains on you clothes and salt on your skin, you probably needed electrolytes too. Not everyone does but if you run low you're in for a world of hurt- cramping, bloating, sickness. I use Hammer Endurolytes for longer rides, and if it's really hot and long, a salt tablet or two.

ya I'm sure I did. I didn't prepare my nutrition as well as I could have.

anyone for a decent paced ride this weekend around the peninsula area. say about 3hrs or so? maybe out to coast and back?

Hey! Just moved to Fairfax and turned my cross bike into a makeshift roady until I can afford a real one. Anyone from/ride up here often? I've got to mix it up a bit and spin a bit. All this dirt is getting my bicycle balance out of whack.

Hey! Just moved to Fairfax and turned my cross bike into a makeshift roady until I can afford a real one. Anyone from/ride up here often? I've got to mix it up a bit and spin a bit. All this dirt is getting my bicycle balance out of whack.

I'm gonna be doing a Mt Tam paved climb fairly soon. I'll keep ya posted :)

Hey roadbikers...

I'm in the market for a fairly high end (Ultegra or better) carbon or Ti road bike. Nothing too old please, around 56cm, looking for a deal. Let me know if you've got something:thumbup

New to the Roadie business

Hey guys/gals,

I am trying to get into road cycling, and ready for my first purchase. Not new to riding, just road riding (bmx, fixed gear, mountain under my belt). I'd like to ask your opinion on the 2003 Specialized S-works E5. There's on for sale on C-list, a little pricey for the year IMHO, but trying to talk him down.(he says he's 5' 7" -8", my height as well) Budget is $1000-$1500. Any other recommendations are welcome! Thanks.

Here is the ad.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/1334022218.html

All high end parts with very little or no use and in excellent condition:

Dura-Ace brakes, derailleurs, cassette, chain, shift levers !!!
New FSA K-Wing Anatomic Carbon Road Bars 40cm width (have wider bar if needed)
Ritchey WCS 110 V 34x50 Octalink Crankset
3T 100mm Stem (may have other length available if needed)
Michelin Pro Race Tires
Mavic Ksyrium SL SSC wheelset !!
Carbon Specialized C4m fork.
Carbon Specialized Seatpost
Carbon bottle holder
Matching Specialized S-Works Leather Saddle

Also includes
NEW and uninstalled Dura-Ace 9 speed cassette, and
2 NEW Michelin Pro Race Tires, and
2 sets of NEW Kool-Stop (wet weather) brake pads.

(EDIT, had mistake on weight), Weight (incl. pedals): 16.5 lbs. !!!

Pics:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Seems pretty good to me. And seeing how your just getting into road biking I doubt you will need to upgrade anything on this bike for some time unless it is a personal preference.

I would buy it for that price and it falls into your budget. But hey if he will go lower never hurts but if he stays with it I don't think it would be too bad of a deal. Last years intro carbon bikes from spec are 1299 and don't have all that goodness IIRC.

Any woo..that's my 2 cents

That is a really good bike. it is a little on the stiff side if I remember and if so then it may be a little harsh on really long rides. I still think this is a great purchase these were really well liked in the race groups out there.

Back