• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Anyone have thoughts on the cygolite milion or the niterider minewt? I'm looking for a decent light with nice throw for night rides. I'm looking for something that can provide some flood for the area in front of the bike, but also some throw.

I do like how the milion is all-in-one, but I definitely like the compactness of the minewt...

I ended up buying the Light & Motion Stella 120. Figured I'd give it a try and support a local company.

It is coming up on the time of year where snow and ice will cover my roads.

Any advice on exercise bikes or those devices to attach my bike to (stand type things) to allow me to continue riding regularly during winter?

We have a Travel Trac fluid trainer with a little remote resistance lever that was on mega sale at Performance Bike. It works well enough. We were warned away from magnetic and towards fluid by the Internets.

95 miler this sat. leaving woodside at 8:30 from roberts. going up skyline, to bear creek, boulder creek up through the redwood state park to 9 back on skyline.

95 miler this sat. leaving woodside at 8:30 from roberts. going up skyline, to bear creek, boulder creek up through the redwood state park to 9 back on skyline.

I don't know what is more intimidating - your avatar, or that route description :)

LoL. niether should be feared, I am like a teddy bear and the route is like a long walk in a park. So you wont be there?

Lots of great pedal-powered options for the weekend, between the Gran Fondo ride in Sonoma County, the Parkfield Classic mountain bike races down near Paso Robles, the Diablo Hill Climb, and a Northstar road trip. After several long weekends on the road bike, I think I'm gonna do some mountain biking this time around - have a good ride!

Stuff for sale

58cm 853 steel schwinn frame. 1400g climbing wheels. Tires. Cassettes. Etc. Need to sell off my spares for track mc purchase from DucatiHoney.

60cm road bike for sale

Torelli Countach OS. Full Ultegra 3x9. Great shape.PM me for more details and a photo.

Details about the bike.

60cm Torelli Countach OS. Italian Columbus Brain OS tubing. Full Ultegra 3x9 component group featuring a 12-27 cassette for super climbing gears. Full Ultegra, even the headset. Bike just tuned and sorted. Needs nothing. Includes pump and flat kit, waterbottle cages, and Shimano two sided pedals with new cleats. All you need are cycling shoes, helmet, and some geeky spandex.
I'm still kind of lame with getting a photo on the forum, so pm me your email address and I will send you the pic I have.

Thanks,
Gregory

58cm 853 steel schwinn frame. 1400g climbing wheels. Tires. Cassettes. Etc. Need to sell off my spares for track mc purchase from DucatiHoney.

:laughing Please help the guy out... :thumbup

8140843a.jpg

Yay new roadie for me

That track bike looks all wrong!

It needs some chopped down riser bars and some cards/fliers tucked in the spokes.
While your'e out getting the parts, pick up some skinny black jeans and a studded belt too.
You might want to stop bathing for a week or so if you want to be messenger authentic:rofl

Back