• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Does anyone have a 10 speed (or 10 speed compatible) rear wheel I can borrow (700x23 Standard Road Bike) for a couple of weeks until I can order an '09 Ultegra rim and build a replacement for my old. Don't care what it is so long as it spins and works with my 10 speed drivetrain.

Would be much appreciated, and will gladly leave a deposit for the wheel.

Thanx, Joe

If you can make it to Santa Clara to pick it up and drop it off sure...

If you can make it to Santa Clara to pick it up and drop it off sure...

Thanx,
I got a loaner.
What I unfortunately can't seem to get (not even from a shop or Shimano) is a replacement '09 SHimano Ultegra SL rear wheel or rim.

That just means it's time to upgrade! :teeth

DA 7900 to Open Pro?

There's a set of HED Bastogne's on CL right now (or, at least, earlier today) for $400.
Edit: In fact, here it is: Craigslist

That just means it's time to upgrade! :teeth

DA 7900 to Open Pro?

There's a set of HED Bastogne's on CL right now (or, at least, earlier today) for $400.
Edit: In fact, here it is: Craigslist

For that price I rather get custom build, and I did. :laughing No ugly stickers on my rims either. :thumbup

Just bought a used set of Ultegras, shipped to my door for $250.
I'll be happy with that price if they actually arrive in the advertised shape.
I'll let you know. Thanx.

Continental Gatorskins

Those are the ones I ended up getting. After all of the complaining that I do about Made In China quality and QC, I really should get a tire made elsewhere. ;) No flats so far this week :p ; we'll see how it goes. They are definitely faster than the stocker tires that came on my commuter bike. I'll also have to see how they do in the rain.

Those are the ones I ended up getting. After all of the complaining that I do about Made In China quality and QC, I really should get a tire made elsewhere. ;) No flats so far this week :p ; we'll see how it goes. They are definitely faster than the stocker tires that came on my commuter bike. I'll also have to see how they do in the rain.

Not bad, just don't take corners hard.... I use 4000s, not as puncture resistant as gator skins, but then I am not wondering if I will be meeting my maker on descents. :laughing

Next time I feel like splurging I'm going for open tubulars.
Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX - I'm looking at you.

weird - not one post (took a 20 sec look around) about the amgentourofcalifornia coming through the bay area...

I've tried part of the Sierra Rd climb - ay caramba !!

I saw some teams practicing and people setting up AmGen tents at the capitol when I cycled around Sac... had work, else I would have watched them going through.

Terrific 90 mile ride in the SC mountains in this heat!!!!
Zipp 303's aren't quite stiff enough for 200lbs...always assumed this but now have proof. (short notice broken spoke fix).
Tufo s3 lite 19mm tubulars are AWESOME.
Being held up by motorcyclist and having them embarrassingly notice us in their rear view mirror flying down 84 and 92 is priceless.

(extra fun today cuz I havn't had a good ride ina while.)

My uncle's gitane vintage was handed to me last year and i just started the work. sanding the old paint down since it has some rust spots and big time scratches on it. Where can i get parts for this thing? and should i keep the original color of paint it white?

i might convert it to a fixed gear or something if parts are too expensive...

here are some images...

Attachments

• IMG_4478.jpg
    IMG_4478.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4481-2.jpg
    IMG_4481-2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4484.jpg
    IMG_4484.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 92
Poor riding frame thats not worth buying:nerd...and Im an Orbea dealer:thumbup
Thanx, my mechanic buddy said the same thing.

Also looking at Kestrel. Seems to be a bunch of brand new 2009 (fully built) Evokes and Talons out there. Any clue on those? Good, Bad?? WHich is better for me, ... just a casual rider going out to do 30 - 50 mile rides and climb Diablo once a week. Comfort is # 1 but also like to descend fast so it should handle reasonably well. (responsiveness :teeth )

Stay away from Kestral. Not only are they dead and dull frames but they have quality control issues.

There's a misconception about "comfort." I fit people the exact same way on balls out race bike as i do on a long distance tourer. Proper fitting is what determines comfort.

You need a frame that's stiff, snappy and responsive. Then get fit on it by someone who knows what they're doing. Then you'll be happy.

Stay away from Kestral. Not only are they dead and dull frames but they have quality control issues.

There's a misconception about "comfort." I fit people the exact same way on balls out race bike as i do on a long distance tourer. Proper fitting is what determines comfort.

You need a frame that's stiff, snappy and responsive. Then get fit on it by someone who knows what they're doing. Then you'll be happy.

Any suggestions on a frame or a built bike for a VERY REASONABLE price. I had a Giant OCR Limited that I loved and then I came by on '09 Specialized Roubaix Exp. that I thought I loved more. Sold the OCR (mistake) and started riding the Roubaix which I still think rides like the next best thing since sliced bread except it's spit me off twice in the last 5 weeks. (prior to that I've probably got 10,000+ miles with no issues) Not getting into the details but now I'm just scared of the bike all together. Don't think I can ever trust it again so I'm looking for something else. :wtf ?????????

Back