• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

:wow

maybe one day.

something like that $80 job Killroy has would be nice, but I don't know what "drive train is toast" means. I'm assuming I'd have to replace parts?

The chain is so elongated that, when you replace the chain, the rings, and cassette need to be replaced. You could run it for a long time without having any shifting problems.

Thinking about joining a club, but not sure. Started racing track, going to start road sometime soon, hopefully. Anybody have good reviews of a certain cycling club? or just one to ride with?

Really depends what you want out of the club: weekend recreational rides, teammates in races?
The road racing season is in full swing. Next month it's primarily RR (all are full at this point) with couple TTs thrown here and there.

R6UCD: You're on SFFixed, right?
At least, I recognize the Mashinelli pic from there, as well.

You could try Mission Cycling.

I think their rides are pretty quick, but not race pace.
Assuming you live in SF, it's pretty easy to meet up with them.

Anyone got any good road biking routes starting out of Almaden Valley? 15 to 20 miles, hills fine.

I don't mind stoplights so much...I do mind excessively dangerous roads.

Thanks!

Tour de France:

Should Contador have slowed or waited when Schleck's chain came off?

top professional tour guys in history typically wait , not wanting a tainted win . Not only should he have waited , he should have used his power as a top GC man to tell everyone to chill for a second & andy would've caught up ...... IMO ... he looked a little desperate & afraid that Shleck might've had the better legs . If he ends up winning by 30 seconds on less ....... well

thur should be very interesting indeed :thumbup

top professional tour guys in history typically wait , not wanting a tainted win . Not only should he have waited , he should have used his power as a top GC man to tell everyone to chill for a second & andy would've caught up ...... IMO ... he looked a little desperate & afraid that Shleck might've had the better legs . If he ends up winning by 30 seconds on less ....... well

thur should be very interesting indeed :thumbup

Totally agree with this.. he clearly attacked after he saw Andy had dropped a chain. It's a shame because it looked like Andy had finally managed to get away from Alberto and was going to run away with the stage. I hope Andy is feeling good going up the Tourmalet tomorrow. It should be an interesting stage.

Really depends what you want out of the club: weekend recreational rides, teammates in races?
The road racing season is in full swing. Next month it's primarily RR (all are full at this point) with couple TTs thrown here and there.

Teammates in races and training for said races (track/road). I live in Sunnyvale if that helps.

Teammates in races and training for said races (track/road). I live in Sunnyvale if that helps.

Well AltoVelo has a big club with bunch of people racing so higher chance of finding someone to ride with. Although in races you see them mostly in Masters and CAT1/2/3. For lower categories tripple (or is that third?) pillar has a bunch of racers, that club out of Los Gatos (red kits) has good representation. The AltoVelo has rides on Saturday/Sunday, but you don't need to be a member to join.

Tour de France:

Should Contador have slowed or waited when Schleck's chain came off?

I don't think he should have attacked. Maintained the pace or covered other attacks sure, but not attack himself. Just shows he was not confident in his own abilities. What made it even worse is his BS excuse "I didn't see the chain fell off." I would have had at least had a smidgen of respect for him if he just said "fuck it, it's racing. Andy attacked first the race was on!"

do any of you guys ride in the monterey area? I work down there a lot and would like to take some customers out on some routes, need to know some 1-2 hr routes anywhere from salinas to pebble beach area

Picked up this Fixie project.

Still looking for a cheap road bike around 56cm

DSCN1085.jpg

No flats so far this week; we'll see how it goes.

Three months now, and the Gatorskins have been frikkin' awesome. My commute is full of shizz that really should give me a flat - broken glass, bolts, plastic, wires, you name it, and I haven't had a single flat since I put them on.

Suggestions

I have a 2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert http://www.specialized.com/fi/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?arc=2009&spid=39262&menuItemId=0 that I am selling. It is the nicest road bike I've ever owned but I swear it's F@#$EN jinxed. (Long story, don't ask)

Looking to replace it with a bike that's as close in Quality and feel as possible.
Full carbon/full Ultegra. Quick, snappy, comfortable, blah blah blah. I'm not a racer and never gonna be. Want to be able to ride 30 - 75 miles as comfortably and efficiently as possible. I LOVE THE FEEL OF FULL CARBON!!
The Roubaix sold for about $3300ish. Got it lightly used for $1800.
Looking to spend under $2000 on as nice a bike as I can get. Any ideas.

The Roubaix is a 52cm and it fits me like a glove.

Thanx,
Joe

PS. Going to be selling a 52cm (color purple) Roubaix in excellent condition with the exception of being F@#$EN possessed. :wow

I usually don't ride in the mornings - but since it was 105 yesterday and it was 67 this morning... out I went :cool

Back