• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

whats your budget for a complete bike?
Got my '09 Roubaix Exp. with full Ultegra SL for $1700 so I'm either looking for a bike (leftover or used ) in that price range so I can sell the Roubaix (after replacing the scuffed components) to finance it, or maybe even just looking for a frame and fork and I'll strip the parts and sell the Roubaix frame/fork. Thanx

can you spare a few meals and budget $1,700 for just a frameset?
1) Can barely spare enough to afford half that
2) Even if I could spare the $$, ... can't justify it. The minute my A$$ can get back on a mountain bike the road bike becomes a paperweight.

once you ride a proper road frame you'll think twice about your mountain bike. 80% of road frames out there, at any price, suck.

Although I haven't got the knowledge basis to dispute the second part of your statement, I have to say that anyone that could make the first half of your statement is either so lacking in dirt skills he just doesn't know any better and/or is a masochist that simply enjoys pain and anguish with no payoff. :laughing :laughing :rofl

Thanx anyway. Appreciate the input. :teeth
Joe

Although I haven't got the knowledge basis to dispute the second part of your statement, I have to say that anyone that could make the first half of your statement is either so lacking in dirt skills he just doesn't know any better and/or is a masochist that simply enjoys pain and anguish with no payoff. :laughing :laughing :rofl

Thanx anyway. Appreciate the input. :teeth
Joe

You are correct on everything here:laughing

Who wants to ride this coming Sunday? All of my buddies are busy and I get lonely going alone.

I was thinking Roberts market to Alices, down 84 to 1, north to 92, to Canada road, to Roberts market.

Im really up for any route/mles though (min 40, max 150). I dont care how fast or slow you are. If we break up we'll meet up every ten miles.

Who wants to ride this coming Sunday? All of my buddies are busy and I get lonely going alone.

I was thinking Roberts market to Alices, down 84 to 1, north to 92, to Canada road, to Roberts market.

Im really up for any route/mles though (min 40, max 150). I dont care how fast or slow you are. If we break up we'll meet up every ten miles.
Maybe someday, not yet.

Woohoo I just got my usacycling license

Thinking about joining a club, but not sure. Started racing track, going to start road sometime soon, hopefully. Anybody have good reviews of a certain cycling club? or just one to ride with?

Do I ride a Road Bike?

Not yet, but I am considering it. I have been trying to keep up with my co-workers on my MTB, on our lunch rides. They told me getting rid of my knobbies will help, so I bought road bike tires, and I am able to keep up a little better. Now I am considering buying a used road bike. My budget is not very big but I want a nice bike. I was looking at an 04 Cannondale R600 for $450 on CL to match my 04 Yamaha R1000 :p My only pre-requisite is that the bike not have levers on the frame rather I would prefer them to be by the brake levers. Any advice to a newb?

Did the Death Ride over the weekend. 5-Pass, 10 hr WOOT!
elemaplg.jpg

Not yet, but I am considering it. I have been trying to keep up with my co-workers on my MTB, on our lunch rides. They told me getting rid of my knobbies will help, so I bought road bike tires, and I am able to keep up a little better. Now I am considering buying a used road bike. My budget is not very big but I want a nice bike. I was looking at an 04 Cannondale R600 for $450 on CL to match my 04 Yamaha R1000 :p My only pre-requisite is that the bike not have levers on the frame rather I would prefer them to be by the brake levers. Any advice to a newb?

Rich, most of the newer bikes will have the integrated shifters on the brake levers. Just look at the photos of the bike, and see if that is how it is. my 2000 Cad 4, had the integrated levers/shifters. so you should be fine.

do some research and post up the specs on the bike you're looking at, and people here will be more able to give you advice on it. what are the components? 105, DA, Ultegra, etc... do you have pedals, or does it come with them? what shoes you using? etc...

Did the Death Ride over the weekend. 5-Pass, 10 hr WOOT!
elemaplg.jpg

damn, that's pretty rad. congrats man.

No, but if anybody has something super cheap that will fit a guy that's about 5'7 and about a 30" inseam, I'd like to...

No, but if anybody has something super cheap that will fit a guy that's about 5'7 and about a 30" inseam, I'd like to...

Got 2 bikes that fit the bill.
Road bike - 2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert. 52cm (Full carbon/Full Ultegra) $1800 firm
Mtn bike - 2009 Titus Racer X Medium (race bike) with close to a $6000 build $2200

Oooops, never mind. Didn't see the "Super Cheap" part of your post.

I have a 11 year old Comotion that would fit you, ~$80.

It's chain is streatched and drive train is toast, but it still works. Ultegra.

7219_152627611379_600376379_2510018_4970863_n.jpg

Got 2 bikes that fit the bill.
Road bike - 2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert. 52cm (Full carbon/Full Ultegra) $1800 firm
Mtn bike - 2009 Titus Racer X Medium (race bike) with close to a $6000 build $2200

Oooops, never mind. Didn't see the "Super Cheap" part of your post.

:wow

maybe one day.

something like that $80 job Killroy has would be nice, but I don't know what "drive train is toast" means. I'm assuming I'd have to replace parts?

Back