• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Looking for around a 58cm used road bike for under 400.

Pm me if anyone has one avalible.

picked up this today. Late 90's A1.

bike-6.jpg

Anybody ever ride after work? 6pm-ish? It's getting boring riding up through Stevens Creek reservoir - mt. hamilton - 9 - skyline - old la honda alone

Anybody ever ride after work? 6pm-ish? It's getting boring riding up through Stevens Creek reservoir - mt. hamilton - 9 - skyline - old la honda alone

I ride there all the time but never tried it after dark. Isn't it pitch black with bucks looking to rape anything that moves?

It's not a problem when it's dark because of my Light & Motion Seca 700 + 9cell Li-Ion. It's plenty of fun, just boring alone... blasting my music while it's pitch dark/quiet is just getting old.

It's not a problem when it's dark because of my Light & Motion Seca 700 + 9cell Li-Ion. It's plenty of fun, just boring alone... blasting my music while it's pitch dark/quiet is just getting old.

Hey, if you let me know where your gonna be riding I could hide, and jump out and scare you. POOF!!!! No more boring. LOL :teeth j/k

I was thinking about getting that 1400 lumen niterider....I think they use it to land airplanes. Wanna see how well it works in person before i commit the $$ though.....

but yeah, lets roll:thumbup

a buddy of mine uses the Light & Motion Arc light HID + the Seca 900 lum (mounted on his helmet) for trails mtb, and road riding at night. I'm trying to lay down basemiles to train for the CCCX series this season. Where do you usually ride up 9 from?

Does anyone ride near SF? I'm training for the AIDS Lifecycle and would love some people to roll with. Please PM me if you'd like to go riding. I need to get a good start on my training so I could probably do a 30-45 miler out the gate. I'd need to work up to something longer than that but I can reach that point quickly.

Stupid Question

I have a friend coming into town on March 3-12 and and I'm trying to find a road bike to borrow or rent for her. she's a tad shorter than 5'3". She knows how to ride a bike but has never really ridden a full-on road bike. (just cheaper mtn. bikes on the street) Not looking for something expensive because if she does do "something" to it, I'm not looking at owing someone a shit pile of coin for a toy that was broken in my possession.
And yes, I will take full financial responsibility for anything broken. Hell, if the bike isn't in great shape I can even fix it up (I'm a pretty decent wrench) and put on new tires and tubes or what ever it needs. :thumbup :teeth

I'd gladly rent one if there is actually a place to rent road-bikes. ????????

Anyone???????
Any ideas??????????

Thanx,
Joe

Joe,

Bike Connection in Palo Alto rents out road bikes, for a pretty reasonable daily rate. They will even put the rental price towards a bike purchase if you decide you want to buy something from them at a later date.

I'm sure there are other shops which do bike rentals, but I don't know which ones off the top of my head.

I have a friend coming into town on March 3-12 and and I'm trying to find a road bike to borrow or rent for her. she's a tad shorter than 5'3". She knows how to ride a bike but has never really ridden a full-on road bike. (just cheaper mtn. bikes on the street) Not looking for something expensive because if she does do "something" to it, I'm not looking at owing someone a shit pile of coin for a toy that was broken in my possession.
And yes, I will take full financial responsibility for anything broken. Hell, if the bike isn't in great shape I can even fix it up (I'm a pretty decent wrench) and put on new tires and tubes or what ever it needs. :thumbup :teeth

I'd gladly rent one if there is actually a place to rent road-bikes. ????????

Anyone???????
Any ideas??????????

Thanx,
Joe

She can borrow mine. I'm 5'-4.5"...yeah, I cling to that 1/2" like grim death.

Joe,

Bike Connection in Palo Alto rents out road bikes, for a pretty reasonable daily rate. They will even put the rental price towards a bike purchase if you decide you want to buy something from them at a later date.

I'm sure there are other shops which do bike rentals, but I don't know which ones off the top of my head.

A little far away from Lafayette but I will use it as a back up. Thanx so much for the input. Much appreciated :teeth

She can borrow mine. I'm 5'-4.5"...yeah, I cling to that 1/2" like grim death.
Holly Crap!!!!!! You're alive. Been so long since I've heard from you I thought for sure Even killed you and buried you under some new house/structure he designed and eventually people would just forget about you. :teeth

OK, I SUPER- Appreciate the offer and I'm going to keep it as a back-up. And not that I'm ungrateful, as the bike would be perfect, (great semi-inexpensive road-bike) but you're a hair taller than me and she's a hair shorter so if I can't find a bike that's a bit smaller, ..... I'm on it like stink on POOOO! But if I can find a bike a tad smaller I'm gonna grab that first. Let you know by mid next week and I'll only need it for actually a few days. Thanx.

PS. speaking of stink on Pooo, .... Well, you're just gonna have to call me sometime to find out what that little ungrateful bastard (you know which little 4-legged ungrateful bastard) I'm referring to, .... DID!!!!!!

PPS. speaking of calling me sometime, ....... WTF :twofinger Have I just completely been dropped from the friend list????????? :thumbdown

:laughing I've been busy (same ole, same ole) and last time I heard from you, you said something about trying to arrange a movie night...I didn't want to pester you about hosting yet again. I feel like I'm taking advantage.

Anyway, you're totally still on the friend list and the bike is up for your friend's use as needed. I figured it might be a tad on the tall side for her, but the upper body fit might work really well, and the seat can be lowered. I have shortish arms and longish legs according to Helmut.

:laughing I've been busy (same ole, same ole) and last time I heard from you, you said something about trying to arrange a movie night...I didn't want to pester you about hosting yet again. I feel like I'm taking advantage.

Anyway, you're totally still on the friend list and the bike is up for your friend's use as needed. I figured it might be a tad on the tall side for her, but the upper body fit might work really well, and the seat can be lowered. I have shortish arms and longish legs according to Helmut.

Promise A) Not to flake and B) to bring pizza and I'll host no problem.

Oh, and just so you know, ..... still a crappy excuse for not calling up every now and then and just saying hi, ... how are things? (WHich have actually been kind of interesting in a medically detailed {as usual} kind of way) :teeth/:(

Well, this will be my last public post on the subject since moderators are supposed to set some kind of non-post-whoring example, but I think about you a lot and would love to come over. Set something up and I'll bring pizza and I won't flake. And I should call...been bad. You're in good company in that respect. I didn't call my mother for nearly two months, and I generally call her every couple of weeks. Most of my friends are waiting for the funeral notice. Evan forgets that he's married once in a while. :p

Back