• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

They were - and I didn't even think about it at the time, but a lot of the participants had the chips on their right ankles, or on their left ankles but turned inwards - despite them saying over the PA, a couple of times, "left ankle, facing out." That might explain some of it.

They've gotten the results sorted, though; I was third in class, sixth overall. 35-39 is a tough room...

Saw someone in AFM kit, or at least bibs, by Stanford this morning going the opposite way. Small world.

Awesome. :teeth

I raced in one this morning, like a poser that I am. :laughing Damn it was hot. Tomorrow T-hill, for more dehydrating awesomeness. :party

Yeah I went out early today....I WISH I was going to Thill for dehydrating awesomeness!!

Have fun! :thumbup

Maybe I'll have to wear my Yoshimura kit tomorrow just to pretend and think of everyone having a blast out there....lol

What dumb dummy dunce invented these misleading names?

Clincher, tubular

Bet if you showed the two different types of tire/tube/wheel to 100 people who had never removed a bicycle tire in their life, 99 of 100 would think the clincher was named tubular, and the tubular was named clincher. :laughing

The first time I was told to clip into my clipless pedals...

Sorry, TAKS, I only buy wheels that are professionally owned and female maintained.

I'm having tons of fun with this 1997 Trek 1220, over 500 miles on it since May. A 7-speed cassette with the old Shimano RSX group, think it's made by Acura? :teeth

Attachments

• trek1220.jpg
    trek1220.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 153
Not as hot as I thought it would be. Maybe I got used to it. Lol.

Congrats.

Cheers, thanks, I greatly enjoy riding this thing. I swear I think this '97 bike was an all-original garage queen for the past 15 years...even the tires! The sidewalls said "Trek" instead of a tire manufacturer name, and were so yellowed and crusty you could scrape the sidewall with your finger to see tiny pieces flake off like a dried-out saltine cracker. :wow

Just got new bar tape, tires, tubes and rim tape. Nothing else to do except continue to ride the hell out of it. :thumbup

I swear I think this '97 bike was an all-original garage queen for the past 15 years...

Nice thing about road bikes is that there are a ton of these examples second hand. Sweet spot is $1,500-$2,500. You can find a buncha pristine, like new, 2 year old $10k bikes for $2,500. A few times I even bought popular size, tooks the bits I wanted, and parted out the rest for a $1,500 profit.
Xmas times the best when dad needs money and moms screaming at him to get rid of his junk he never uses anyway.

Last edited:
Back