• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Donation

EDIT:
INSTRUCTIONS:

1)PM me... my cell phone sends a notification when I get a PM... THEN:
2) Post it up in General, and ask that someone who knows me TEXT ME- Texts get read, even if I'm at work, while a voicemail may get missed. Be sure to include your general location (Hiway 9 near Boulder Creek, Hiway 1 near Tomales, etc). By posting up in General, it also gives every BARFer who sees the thread the opportunity to jump in and help who may not even be on the Volunteer list, which could be a good (and fast!) thing if I'm out riding!

EDIT #2: If you think you can fix the bike and ride it home, please update your post that you no longer need help! And remember- this is for emergencies only, when you're stranded, and have no other options!

EDIT #3: PLEASE INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION- and be sure to go back later and edit out your number. But being able to get in contact with you will help me figure out where you are to get someone as close to you as possible out to help, and let you know someone's on the way (as well as an ETA), and allow you to let me (or the volunteer) know if you no longer need assistance.

After the posts the last couple of days from people who crashed and needed help, I thought I should put this up. I have a private "emergency contact" list of people willing to help in various locations around the Bay, in the event I can't get there myself. No one should be stranded on the side of the road, hurt, wondering how much damage they took, the bike took, and how they're getting home, let alone the bike.

I'll either arrange for one of my awesome volunteers to help, or come get you myself.

If you have a truck & ramp, and are willing to be on the contact list, please let me know. The more names I have, the better the chance of getting someone out right away. PM me with your name, phone number, and your city. I'll add you to the list, and thank you for your willingness to help out fellow BARFers! :)

HI,I WAS WONDERING WHEN ARE YOU TAKING THE DONATIONS?

HI,I WAS WONDERING WHEN ARE YOU TAKING THE DONATIONS?

The only "donations" expected are that the person doing the rescuing get reimbursed for their gas by the person being rescued... that seems fair to me. On a personal level, I also expect that the person being rescued will "pay it forward", and if they're ever in a position to help someone out, that they do! :)

The only "donations" expected are that the person doing the rescuing get reimbursed for their gas by the person being rescued... that seems fair to me.
Fair indeed. I don't have a truck to rescue people, but if I did and/or if I'm asked to help on a rescue, I expect to receive nothing, not even a thank-you.

For me, and perhaps and certainly me only, volunteerism is my way to erase my past and future transgressions. And the Good Lord knows I have endless transgressions. So the more I give and the less I take, the better I feel. But that's just me.

A big thanks to BARF, Connie and the rescuers for keeping this thread and efforts going.

Hey Connie,

I've got my truck back so add me to the list again.

Thank you, my Dear! Would you be an :angel and PM me your contact information (name, phone, Cite/Area)? If I deleted you from the list, I may not have it any more...
And thank you for being so willing to jump in and help out a BARFer in distress... every one of you that's willing to help out just amaze the hell out of me... you guys are wonderful!!! :love

This is amazing... such great support.

As you can see I am new here. However, I am more than willing to help in any way I can - although I am located in Roseville (near Sacramento). If I can still be of assistance please let me know so I can be added to the list.

While I don't have a truck/ramps, I can surely show up and assist with loading, etc anytime.

I am really impressed with this site!

^^^ Awww shucks.... :blush

But its all the volunteers that make it work!! :love

Just shot Connie a text with your number and info. Shot you a text with my number too. I'm tied up in Santa Cruz until 12:30, but if for some reason you still need help, I'd be happy to come get you :angel

just sent a text to Connie

Back