• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Daniel is a fricking workhorse (and a damned fun guy with whom to ride). Keep up the good work, sir!

Thanks Aaron !!

You just put tires on it. you must fix it! :thumbup

Tire??? The tires were good on his bike. It was riders error.

Daniel is not a well man. Dementia has set in, as he just bought some big ol' sofa-bike, and seems to be deluding himself into thinking it's fun to ride. I don't know what I'm going to do for coverage up on the Hill when we have to have him committed... :( I keed I keed!

HA.... I love my Veefer and the Gixxer1k is still in the stable and won't be neglected. Beside the Veefer handles better in the winter conditions.

Daniel's been a lifesaver to quite a few people up on the Hill, but I'm a little worried I'm gonna wear him out or break him due to overuse... :laughing

Thanks Connie....I sure do enjoy helping riders

Ahem... Daniel's not the only multiple-rescue lunatic running around in this thread... thank you for stepping up and taking care of the stranded rider in San Gregorio for me today!! :love

Good Job... Glad some one was able to assist with second rescue of the day.

Last edited:
Just a heads-up:

I *MIGHT* need assistance getting my bike home tonight. I'm in west Berkeley, home is SF (the Sunset.)

I hit a rock on the Bay Bridge this morning and my front rim is a little bent. So far the tire pressure is OK. I'll post a status update later in the day.

thanks!

--cindy

Just a heads-up:

I *MIGHT* need assistance getting my bike home tonight. I'm in west Berkeley, home is SF (the Sunset.)

I hit a rock on the Bay Bridge this morning and my front rim is a little bent. So far the tire pressure is OK. I'll post a status update later in the day.

thanks!

--cindy

I can help tonight, no problems. But I figure there will be volunteers closer to you just the same :thumbup

My number will be in your inbox, just in case :)

I work in emeryville, and I have my truck today. The down side is that I don't have my ramp with me, and I would need to be able to drop you off in SF by 5:00 at the latest. I have Sharks tickets and will be meeting friends for dinner before the game at 6:00 in San Jose. Shoot me a PM if you need me, though.

I work in emeryville, and I have my truck today. The down side is that I don't have my ramp with me, and I would need to be able to drop you off in SF by 5:00 at the latest. I have Sharks tickets and will be meeting friends for dinner before the game at 6:00 in San Jose. Shoot me a PM if you need me, though.

Thanks! <keeping fingers crossed>

Connie has been notify about your situation and is going to look at her list of volunteers to see if there is some one else closer that can assist you.

Keep me updated, Cindy. If you can check before 3:30pm and status me, that would be great! :thumbup

My friend ('The' on barf) just shot me a text saying
Bike on right shoulder 85n right before 87. Driving so I can't post on barf right now
He was on his phone so looked like he needed help. Very small shoulder
not an ideal spot to rest, it's a 3 feet wide shoulder

If anybody's not too far and could go check up on said mystery rider, that'd be nice :)

Text came to me 6 minutes ago.

Last edited:
My friend ('The' on barf) just shot me a text saying

If anybody's not too far and could go check up on said mystery rider, that'd be nice :)

Text came to me 6 minutes ago.

Sorry Solomon not enough information to send a person out to assist. :wtf

That was actually me that texted Soloman, I kept the text short! It looked like he needed help. From the looks of it he was just getting off his bike and pulling out his phone so I assume he called someone out to help him. I didn't really get to see much because he was on the right shoulder and I was on the far left lane. The shoulders are very small and I wouldn't pull over on that particular stretch of the freeway unless I had to, which is why I assumed he was having some sort of trouble. Just wanted to see if anyone was in the south bay and had some free time to check up on him. I would have turned around but was already late for work and he didn't look hurt so I asked Solomon to post here.

I know I know, texting and driving and what not. :rant

That was actually me that texted Soloman, I kept the text short! It looked like he needed help. From the looks of it he was just getting off his bike and pulling out his phone so I assume he called someone out to help him. I didn't really get to see much because he was on the right shoulder and I was on the far left lane. The shoulders are very small and I wouldn't pull over on that particular stretch of the freeway unless I had to, which is why I assumed he was having some sort of trouble. Just wanted to see if anyone was in the south bay and had some free time to check up on him. I would have turned around but was already late for work and he didn't look hurt so I asked Solomon to post here.

I know I know, texting and driving and what not. :rant

So regarding trying to help riders we pass on the freeway who may (or may not) be broken down, may (or may not) be BARFers... I've personally headed out (off the top of my head) at least 3 times when someone has texted me about someone on the side of the road... every time, no one has been there when I got there (and one of them was on 680, no more than 15-20 minutes total from my house).
As a result, I'd like to limit using resources to helping people who have actually posted up on the Forum asking for help... those are people we know will be there, actually needing our help! Hope that makes sense! :)
Naturally, that doesn't stop anyone from stopping (if safe to do so) and checking in with someone to make sure they're OK! :thumbup

I know. Sad, right? Well, at least I can't blame the crash on the old tires. :nchantr Well, I was considering getting a new bike anyway. That Virago had some problems.

Glad you're OK, sorry to hear about the bike, though... but now you can find a bike without problems! :thumbup

Last edited:
...I'd like to limit using resources to helping people who have actually posted up on the Forum asking for help... those are people we know will be there, actually needing our help! Hope that makes sense! :)
Totally! Wild good chases are no fun.

Indeed. I have been involved in two such pursuits of untamed ornithoids. Not fun at all.

also to add, your safety. yeah, we are riders brotherhood,etc. but people carrying a weapon+impaired from drugs,alcohol= stabby,stab or pop,pop,pop

so let's keep this service/option to barfers only.....

also to add, your safety. yeah, we are riders,part of a brotherhood,etc. but people carrying a weapon+impaired from drugs,alcohol= stabby,stab or pop,pop,pop

so let's keep this service/option to barfers only.....

Back