• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Just wanted to give big props and my thanks to Aaron for handling the situation, and Jack for being willing to handle the situation. Unfortunately, I was up on Redwood, freezing my ass off, and had no cell phone reception whatsoever. Didn't get the text messages or missed calls until we stopped to gas up.
Thanks, Guys, for being the epitome of what the Roadside Angels are supposed to be. You saved the day... thank you!!! :love

Sorry Jack, I had already hit the door when you posted and PM'd me. I'm hoping, for Kegan's sake, that the repair will be a simple and cheap one. Not fun....

Aaron, I shot you back a PM with my number if you need to reach me in the future since we are generally in the same area. Thanks for handling it! I just didn't notice the email notification on my phone until I was like 10 mins too late.

Shiraz_diesel is on 92 West just after the Bunker Hill Exit and his bike is broken! Oil everywhere! He needs a tow back to San Francisco.

He has cell service, yay!

Please HELP!

*EDIT*
Saved by Machete! Thanks Rick!

Last edited:
Just called Shiraz. He has a truck 45 minutes out. He'll call me if it falls through.

Thanks Machete (and Razel). I was busy with folks at the house and didn't see this until just now. Would have made three rescues in four days, too :p

Rider went down on the first hair pin turn of mt Hamilton 130 can anyone pick up the bike? Only a few miles from here is drop off.

On my way. Was just told half an hour ago that my truck is driveable again, so this is a great way to test that out :angel

Called Damien back and he knows I'm coming too.

Stuck on 24 east just before tunnel at tunnel rd exit.my chain snapped. Need a ride to pinole. Mike 510 967 3238

Yeah, just gave him a call as well and he says Cincinnatus is on his way. Hadn't seen the other thread, just the notification of a post in this one. So yeah, sounds like it's handled.

Halp! Broke down on side of 101 just south of the mariposa exit. [REDACTED]

Last edited:
Texting Connie now. I'm at work, but can help if nobody else is available. I would have to go from Emeryville to Pacifica to get my truck first.

Update: just got word from sfcootz that fsp has got it under control. Damn, I love teh BARFs. :thumbup

Back