• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

I also have towing coverage for my bikes through insurance, but I would still prefer the personal touch with the Roadside Crew! Always cool to be able to meet other BARFers!

This!!! If you've ever experienced a tow truck driver who has little to no experience in strapping down a bike or even have the correct equipment to handle a bike it's pure torture watching them manhandle your baby. At least with the BARF tow service you know your bike is in good hands.

My R1 actually had a dent in the tank from being improperly strapped down by a tow operator... So I know what you mean!

Broke down at Lombard and Laguna. Need help getting my scooter home... Or dropped off at Mr Scooter for a quick repair. I PM'd gixxrgirl already, but don't have her cell. If someone else does can you text her for me :)

Broke down at Lombard and Laguna. Need help getting my scooter home... Or dropped off at Mr Scooter for a quick repair. I PM'd gixxrgirl already, but don't have her cell. If someone else does can you text her for me :)

I'm sure someone is closer... but if ya need me, let me know. (If Connie doesn't call for ya. :) )

"black cx" should be here to help in 15 mins. I'll keep you guys posted.

Bike getting fixed now, black cx you are the man. Thanks again for the help today :)

Many thanks to Black CX for jumping in and helping out... I was out riding, and this is the first chance I've had to get to my computer... I just love the way BARFers are so willing to help other BARFers!! :love

Many thanks to Black CX for jumping in and helping out... I was out riding, and this is the first chance I've had to get to my computer... I just love the way BARFers are so willing to help other BARFers!! :love

:thumbup

Stuck in Independence, CA, right at Hwy 395. Electronic controller on BMW is broken and we may need a tow to SF. Anyone knows someone or a service that could do this? Please PM me.

Any chance there could be a relay transport or tow? That is quite a trip from SF or the Bay Area, or even a trip to the Bay Area.

Wow, that's a drive. A awesome drive though.

I agree, a relay of some kind would make that work out well.

Wow, that's a drive. A awesome drive though.

I agree, a relay of some kind would make that work out well.

Agreed, about being an awesome drive, was up that way just last weekend in Buck Meadows area. But dang that is a drive. I am off and would help take a leg of the relay if you can get to the Oakdale or even Groveland area. I just don't have 13 hours of driving in me or my fuel budget... :wow

Yeah... 330 miles....one way.

Fuel cost alone would be over $100 in my truck. Maybe worse if i had to bring the trailer for easy loading and space.

I too could help out more, if ya got back over a pass or something. Then I could grab ya tonight.

That's when being an AMA member makes the difference.

Lux, sending good vibes for a safe return home.

Just got back from the races, just saw the posts in here (no cell coverage where I was up at T-Hill). There's a limit to what I'm willing to ask my Volunteers to do- driving down to Southern California to pick someone up and bring them back to Northern California is too much. If you're in Southern or Central California, I have a few volunteers in that area that I can ask to get you to a local repair shop. In a situation like this, your best bet might be to check into renting a box truck one-way from U-Haul... run the bike up the ramp into the back, and drive both bikes home that way.

If a BARFer is willing to make the drive, that's great- but I'm not willing to ask someone to cover that sort of distance, and I don't have a big enough network of volunteers in Southern/Central California to do a series of relay hops.

I'm sorry to have to put limits on what I'm willing to ask people to help with, but I can only ask so much of people... I hope everyone can understand that, and Lux, I hope the bike can actually be easily repaired and get back on the road so you can enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thanks for all the responses and for your offer, BigB, to pick up the bike on the other side of the Sierra. Clearly, I don't expect anyone to drive 350 miles (and should not be asked to, as suggested by Connie). I only thought it may be worth asking if anyone knew a tow service there. Things got worked out eventually: bike got towed to Bakersfield (3-hr drive) and got fixed just before the official closing time with the part taken from a new bike since they didn't have it in stock. I can only recommend Valley Cycle in Bakersfield, really nice people, and they saved us from going through the hassle of having to go back there again to get the bike later.

Last edited:
Really glad things worked out, and it was nice hearing about the bike shop stepping up to help you guys out.

Just throwing this out there, but for anyone who does the long-distance touring stuff, it might be worth paying the extra money to get the upgraded Triple A roadside service that covers motorcycles. It's bad enough breaking down locally... but hundreds of miles away? It'd be worth it just for the peace of mind, in my world! :laughing

At the same time BARF is everywhere. Who knows someone may have just happened to be near with a truck or trailer :dunno

Different subject, I have a converted chainsaw winch that can pull max 1200lbs, If someone is down in a ditch this can save a bucket of money.

Back