• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Quite true, G. Never hurts to post up and check. Winch. Yeah, I should really get one. That would have come in handy a few times already.

I can carry it on the bike as long as there is somewhere to anchor it :thumbup

At the same time BARF is everywhere. Who knows someone may have just happened to be near with a truck or trailer :dunno

Different subject, I have a converted chainsaw winch that can pull max 1200lbs, If someone is down in a ditch this can save a bucket of money.

I never said they shouldn't post up in General asking for help... just that I'm not willing to ask my volunteers to tackle something like a SoCal run. That's my "line in the sand". If someone is in the area, or is willing to take that Herculean rescue on, fantastic! But I'm not about to ask that from one of my volunteers. Hope that makes sense... and the winch idea is fantastic!!!

So let me get this straight, Chewbacca left a turd in the punchbowl during the Saturday night buffet?

No wonder Bap's pissed, that's his routine.

So let me get this straight, Chewbacca left a turd in the punchbowl during the Saturday night buffet?

No wonder Bap's pissed, that's his routine.

Uhm... wrong, thread, Michael? :laughing

^ He just wanted to see your smiling face again.

My ADV VAN is now ready to haul motorbikes. Gixxrgirl, PM incoming :)

IMG0814-M.jpg

My ADV VAN is now ready to haul motorbikes. Gixxrgirl, PM incoming :)

IMG0814-M.jpg

Nice! Haven't checked my PMs yet... please make sure to include your location, area you can cover, and a cell phone number! :) I really appreciate your willingness to jump in and help out a fellow BARFer!!! :love

I hope to never ever ever ever need to post in this thread for help but it warms my cockles that there are standup people who are willing to help fellow riders out.

Im just sitting at my desk with a little smile thinking that there are actually people out there who help simply because they can. Good karma to all ya'll

I hope to never ever ever ever need to post in this thread for help but it warms my cockles that there are standup people who are willing to help fellow riders out.

Im just sitting at my desk with a little smile thinking that there are actually people out there who help simply because they can. Good karma to all ya'll

That's just how we roll, yo! :x

And I always hope no one needs us... but we're here if they do! :)

Since the motostrano folks didn't give us Skego/Kegan's phone number, I replied in the thread with my phone number. If he calls soon I should be able to help. If not, at least I will get contact info and can try to find him some help.

Edit: calling the shop number now.

Can't find anyone else who is available, so I am rolling out now.

Sorry Jack, I had already hit the door when you posted and PM'd me. I'm hoping, for Kegan's sake, that the repair will be a simple and cheap one. Not fun....

Back