• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

i lucked out since it was on a long downhill.otherwise, walk to the nearest bus stop would've took way too long

i can add it to my tagline, MAN.......:laughing

Whaaaaaat? You never mentioned that to me! Gotta find out on barf!

Jennifer's not talking to Jake for a month :x

I just wanted to post up real quick and give a big huge thank you for offering to help our community of riders. I found myself in a bit of a pickle today, and was thankfully able to get up and running and get home. The whole time I knew that if I was really out of options that I could find a way to contact you guys for help, and that was just so reassuring to know that I just didn't sweat the situation at all; in that way you helped me out today. :thumbup

I just wanted to post up real quick and give a big huge thank you for offering to help our community of riders. I found myself in a bit of a pickle today, and was thankfully able to get up and running and get home. The whole time I knew that if I was really out of options that I could find a way to contact you guys for help, and that was just so reassuring to know that I just didn't sweat the situation at all; in that way you helped me out today. :thumbup

That makes me happy! :)

I guess that if your a cheap ass son of gun like me, and dont have one of them thar fancy pants phones with tha interweb on it, yo shite out o luck if yas need some help,eh?

I guess that if your a cheap ass son of gun like me, and dont have one of them thar fancy pants phones with tha interweb on it, yo shite out o luck if yas need some help,eh?

General thoughts are to call a friend, hopefully someone already familiar with barf. :angel

Can we keep this thread for people who need help, and not chit chat.

Some of us keep a subscription on this thread so we get email alerts for people who need help.

Thanks.

I just bought a truck last night. I'll be getting a ramp and adding my name to your list, Connie. You have my number. I'm in SF.

:angel

I've edited my original post in this thread to provide instructions for people who don't have "smartphones". In the event you need help, please call a friend or family member, and have them post up for you, giving your contact information, location, etc.
So no, not shit out of luck. All you have to do is make a phone call, and let someone else do all the work! :p :cool

Some of us keep a subscription on this thread so we get email alerts for people who need help.

Thanks.

It's a valid question, as I've been asked that/PM'd about it on numerous occasions. I should have edited my original post long ago.

I just bought a truck last night. I'll be getting a ramp and adding my name to your list, Connie. You have my number. I'm in SF.

:angel

Thank you, Reama!! Let me know when you get the ramp and tie-downs, and I'll get you on the list!! You have no idea how much I appreciate having a second SF person!!

Cootz has a ramp as soon as she comes and picks it up from my garage.

Connie, I'll buy the tie downs tonight and pickup the ramp. I have good karma to pay forward. As soon as someone wants to show me how to tie down a motorcycle I am available to help.

Bin your bike and I'll show you how to use a hitch-carrier. :teeth

Cootz has a ramp as soon as she comes and picks it up from my garage.

Thank you, Dan!!! :love

Connie, I'll buy the tie downs tonight and pickup the ramp. I have good karma to pay forward. As soon as someone wants to show me how to tie down a motorcycle I am available to help.

Pick up a Canyon Dancer, too... they're about $30, and make it soooo easy to tie down a sport bike! Be sure to pick up tie downs rated for street bikes, and you'll want a total of 4. Also (trust me on this) you're going to want a step-stool... being short does not make it any easier to load a bike... :laughing

Canyon Dancers:

Attachments

• 0000_Canyon_Dancer_Bar_Harness_II_Black.jpg
    0000_Canyon_Dancer_Bar_Harness_II_Black.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 144

Thanks.

+1

He's right. There are many of us subscribed with email updates (and for many, that goes to their phone too). All of this chatter gets old fast.... :dunno

I'm at northbound 101 on capital with the tire blown out 831-224-6515

Back