• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Okay it's not me, but someone named stacks. His phone wasn't working too well so we could only get so much info on here.

He's on the Capital exit from north bound 101. After taking the exit, skip the eastbound turn off and head towards the overpass. The motorcycle is in a turnout before the overpass on the right side of the road.

Stacks is trying to get the bike about a mile or so down the road. If anyone could help I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I just got this on my phone, Has this been handled? Is he at Capital Expressway in San Jose or a different Capital exit?

Okay just contacted him, I am on the way.

EDIT: Rider and bike are home.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking care of him! You rock!

Jack, thank you for saving the day! I was sound asleep long before the post, just came in taking a break from yardwork and saw this. Felt awful that I hadn't seen the post, then felt fantastic you saved the rider!! :love

Tim, who's barf name I forget at the moment, is broken down by near the Hegenburger exit on 880. He rides one of the new sportsters, it seems to have crapped out on him.

I wasn't in the truck & I forgot to get his # too but he seemed okay to push to the HD shop. He might want a tow back to the house..

I think I have his number- I'll call and find out if it's him and what the status is.

EDIT: Turns out I do NOT have his number. If anyone does, can they please check in with him and see if he does need help?

Last edited:
I just got in and saw this. Any update on this situation, I'm ready to roll to help out. If he still needs help hit me up. Connie you should have my info.

It was me and I'm ok. Thanks for stopping by Chad:thumbup

I was riding along going about 65 when I started losing power so I pulled over. The clutch and belt seen ok so it must be the transmission. I was about a mile from Oakland Harley so I pushed it and called my Dad for a ride home. Another rider beside Chad stopped to see what happened too, thanks kind sir.

Cinsinatus just called me, what a surprise and thanks for your concern.:)

Wow, barf is so awesome!:love

Much love to all you guys.:thumbup

You mean you can tell when your Harley is losing power? I kid. Glad you're OK, sir.

Sorry I couldn't do more; you seemed to have a handle on things though.

It was me and I'm ok. Thanks for stopping by Chad:thumbup

I was riding along going about 65 when I started losing power so I pulled over. The clutch and belt seen ok so it must be the transmission. I was about a mile from Oakland Harley so I pushed it and called my Dad for a ride home. Another rider beside Chad stopped to see what happened too, thanks kind sir.

Cinsinatus just called me, what a surprise and thanks for your concern.:)

Wow, barf is so awesome!:love

Much love to all you guys.:thumbup

29 south toward American canyon cross street 12/Jamison canyon. I am a passenger in a car unable to stop going the other way.

Ninja 500 threw a chain and pulled over on the median minutes ago anyone is in the area , can you check on him?

PS.there are loads of people in the area driving by in a populated area so he's fine. Just wanted to see if anyone just happened to be near.

Last edited:
29 south toward American canyon cross street 12/Jamison canyon. I am a passenger in a car unable to stop going the other way.

Ninja 500 threw a chain and pulled over on the median minutes agif anyone is in the area , can you check on him?

Sorry, Tim. Unless someone is right nearby, or posts contact info for the rider, there isn't much we can do.

Sorry, Tim. Unless someone is right nearby, or posts contact info for the rider, there isn't much we can do.

Pretty much this. If the rider doesn't ask for help, it's pretty much futile. I've actually had 3 or 4 different instances where someone with my number was driving by and saw someone on a bike broken down on the side of the road. I headed out each time, and each time, they were gone.

Posting with phone; forgive brevity. At Costco parking lot on Davis in San Leandro. Guzzi will turn over but won't catch. Haven't been able to bump start as there's not much of a hill and I haven't been able to get much speed. Used to live in SF but Live in Alameda now so worst case only need trailer to Alameda. Contact info pm'ed to Connie or PM me and hopefully I'll get it and respond.

Thanks in advance!

Back