• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Posting with phone; forgive brevity. At Costco parking lot on Davis in San Leandro. Guzzi will turn over but won't catch. Haven't been able to bump start as there's not much of a hill and I haven't been able to get much speed. Used to live in SF but Live in Alameda now so worst case only need trailer to Alameda. Contact info pm'ed to Connie or PM me and hopefully I'll get it and respond.

Thanks in advance!

Got push help; Guzzi started. Thank you!!!!!

Just saw this Splicer, sorry about that, but glad you got her started. :thumbup

FYI, good people, an AMA membership comes with 6 free tows per year. And if you choose autopay, it covers all your vehicles too.

Hank Wong is broken down at 4 corners. His cell phone is xxx-xxx-xxxx. I have pm'd Connie for Hank. He needs a trailer or truck to help him. I'm posting for him as he has poor cell reception. Pls help. Thx
[EDIT: Connie Angel got in touch with Hank and he has it handled now...Thanks all!]

Last edited:
FYI, good people, an AMA membership comes with 6 free tows per year. And if you choose auto-renew, it covers all your vehicles too.

FTFY.
It really is a great benefit, and you're helping to keep our right to ride as intact as possible, as they do a terrific job with lobbying and beating politicians into submission! :thumbup
The only downside is that their tow coverage is for 35 miles (that wouldn't get me home from the Saratoga 76, let alone Pescadero)... anything beyond that, and you're paying out of pocket.
However, they have pretty cool stuff like lock-out service, and they'll bring you gas if you run out, pretty nifty!
From their website:

This benefit is FREE when you sign up for auto-renewal! Coverage for all your vehicles in your household, including motorcycles, cars, trucks, RVs and even trailers!

Vehicles
Automobiles, motorcycles, motorhomes and trailers are covered.

Towing Services
Towing services are covered up to 35 miles to the nearest qualified service facility (or to any other location requested by the member of equal distance at no expense to the member). If over 35 miles, the member is only responsible for the overages incurred after the 35-miles coverage

Service Limitations
Only one service call for the same service type within seven days

Example: One tow per seven days, one lockout per seven days, one jumpstart per seven days, etc.
Member can have more than one service call within a seven-day period, but it cannot be the same service.

AMA 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Services
All roadside services are covered at no expense to the member.

Battery Service/Vehicle Won’t Start

Jump start service.
If motorcycle with battery failure, we will tow motorcycle (up to towing coverage listed earlier).
Flat-tire Assistance

Flat tire change (to spare).

If no spare (for motorcycle), we can tow the vehicle (up to towing coverage listed earlier).

Fuel, Oil, Fluid and Water Delivery Service

Fuel – unleaded or diesel fuel.
Fluids – water, oil, or other fluid.
Member pays provider for fuel/fluid itself.
Member will not pay for service call charge for provider to deliver to the breakdown location.

Lock-out Assistance

If keys locked inside vehicle – we will send out provider to unlock vehicle.
If a locksmith is necessary to assist with key in trunk and if the locksmith can access trunk release from inside vehicle, it will be covered.
If no access to a trunk release or a key needs to be made – provider pays for the cost of the service charge for locksmith to go out to the location but member is responsible for cost of key and labor associated with making key.
If lockout service is unsuccessful, provider will tow the vehicle (up to towing coverage listed earlier).

Mobile Mechanic Assistance (for RV vehicles)

Program covers service call for Mobile Mechanic to go out to the location.
Does not cover cost of parts, labor/repair, lubricants, installation or materials necessary to complete repair work on site.

Clutch cable broke on the way home from work last week. AMA roadside assistance was awesome - dude showed up within an hour and got me home by dinner. I was in SF and tow to Oakland cost me a sum total of a tip for the driver. You all are awesome for offering help and if I was out of the 35 m range I'm taking you up on that offer. But AMA membership more than pays for itself plus all that saving the world for better motorcycling and all.

If AMA didn't spend so much time and money trying to get helmet laws repealed, I would still be a member. :thumbdown

Got push help; Guzzi started. Thank you!!!!!

Glad you got her rolling, Steve!

PM sent. I'm in.

Robert, thank you so much for being willing to jump in and help out!! I've got you on the list, thank you for helping improve coverage in the Little Dragon area! :)

Hank Wong is broken down at 4 corners. His cell phone is xxx-xxx-xxxx. I have pm'd Connie for Hank. He needs a trailer or truck to help him. I'm posting for him as he has poor cell reception. Pls help. Thx
[EDIT: Connie Angel got in touch with Hank and he has it handled now...Thanks all!]

Glad he was able to get the situation handled, and thank you for contacting me to help! :)

Connie got promoted to Senior Executive Vice President of the Hair Splitting Department.

Congrats, Connie!

:p

Pointless post is pointless. Try not to clutter up the bandwidth in this thread with snarky comments, Mark.

Okay it's not me, but someone named stacks. His phone wasn't working too well so we could only get so much info on here.

He's on the Capital exit from north bound 101. After taking the exit, skip the eastbound turn off and head towards the overpass. The motorcycle is in a turnout before the overpass on the right side of the road.

Stacks is trying to get the bike about a mile or so down the road. If anyone could help I'm sure he would appreciate it.

this is my friend and he wanted me to thank everyone for helping him with his blown tire even-though he is not a BARFer....but he will be very soon.. :thumbup

this is my friend and he wanted me to thank everyone for helping him with his blown tire even-though he is not a BARFer....but he will be very soon.. :thumbup

No worries, he is a really cool guy, and lucky that he was close to home when it went. Would have sucked if he were stuck closer to Bakersfield!:thumbup

Hey everyone, this has never happened to me before so I am unsure if this would be a go od place to post. I took my bike to san fran to explore the city and when I came back some jerkwad broke my right handlebar. Snapped right off and can't drive it home. I love in San Jose and some friends were in san fransisco with me, so I caught a ride home with them. However I had to leave my bike and am unsure the best way to go about this. It is a green ninja 250 with Minnesota plates on union between franklin and goith I think it is. I left a note so hopefully I dont get a ticket tomorrow.. I have a truck and can come in the afternoon to pick it up, but was wondering if anyone could help me out either by picking it up during the day so I dont get tickets or the afternoon with my truck. It's a 250, so three guys could probably get it in the back of a truck.

Also help me out and let me know if I am really going to get boned by having it in a meter without paying...

Thanks guys, this sucks.

Machete said he would pick up the bike, and Slowpoke was nice enough to fill my meter to avoid a ticket. Thank you to everyone for the offers of help!

Last edited:
Anyone from Tinysota is a potential friend.

I'm not too far away. I can help put the bike on your truck. Keep me posted.

I just got the message now and I'm already at work in Oakland.

If it's not taken care of by tonight, I can drive my truck to work tomorrow to help bring it home tomorrow (I live in San Jose, so not a huge detour for me).

Let me know if you don't get help today.

Also, did you leave the steering unlocked?

Hey everyone, thanks for the overwhelming support! Machete is going to pick it up during the day today and slowpoke puts some 10 hours of parking in the meter for me. I really don't know how to say how appreciative I am for the help you guys are giving. Thanks a TON!

Hey all, need a tow within San Francisco as the starter relay on my VFR just fried itself. Bike is located at CCSF Ocean campus on Phelan and my garage is off 19th and Balboa. I took the bus home but I'm hesitant to leave my bike parked on Phelan for the next few days while a new starter relay comes in.

My # xxx-xxx-xxxx edit. sfcootz is going to drop by around 6 :)

Last edited:
I'm at work until about 6pm, and am on the bike today. I'll check back when I get home to see if you still require assistance. If so, I'll roll out to get you.

Bobby,

I can meet you after work. I have a ramp and a truck. Let me grab some tie downs after work and I can meet you. I'll send you a text, too.

Yay! My first chance to rescue someone. :banana

Back