• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Spiketrap ran out of gas a few minutes south of Alice's on Highway 35. Black/red SV650. Anyone able to cruise up and help him out? His signal is crap so I'm posting for him.

Thanks in advance!

Spiketrap ran out of gas a few minutes south of Alice's on Highway 35. Black/red SV650. Anyone able to cruise up and help him out? His signal is crap so I'm posting for him.

Thanks in advance!

I can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX, texts work better because of crapoy signal. Thanks!

Last edited:
OK, situation handled... Xovaan is heading out to bring him some gas, and saving me the lovely scenic drive up the Hill (why does it seem so wrong to be up there in my truck??? :laughing )
Back to baking scones! :)

Hey all. Just pulled up to my job after lunch, and while sitting there, i tried to go from neutral to first (and neutral to second, justto try) and the bike died as soon as it got into gear. Tried to give it throttle and take off, but bike still died. Just gotthe bike, laid it down this morning and what i think is gas came out, about 1/2 cup. Bike wouldn start straight off, but dId about an hour later. Been having some start issues (couple tries to get it going, bike needs full choke for a while, sometimes died if clutch is in and rpms drop to idle). Ive got the stock toolkit and little bike mechanical knowledge. Phone is 510 326 2847. In oakland/berkeley (rockridge, right by bart). Any suggestions?

Might want to post in the garage. I'm stuck at work and am posting from my phone, otherwise I would have a bunch of questions to try and figure out the likely cause of the issue.

^Just got in contact with SuperFish. Seems like he had his kickstand down when trying to shift into gear ;) Can someone please edit his number XXX-XXX-XXXX

Yeah, sounded like sidestand switch, or maybe with the lay-down, knocking the carbs out of their boots.

^Just got in contact with SuperFish. Seems like he had his kickstand down when trying to shift into gear ;) Can someone please edit his number XXX-XXX-XXXX

This thought actually went through my head, but I wanted to give him more credit than that...

At least it works now.

I can help for a little bit, but have a super important meeting at 4pm.

Right or left, before or after Yerba Buena?

Do you have a contact number for him? Just sent Connie a text.

I'll forward it on to her. I assume CalTrans just gets him off the bridge, so he'll need a lift from the end of the bridge?

CalTrans will get him off the freeway, but not home. Let me send some messages... also, while I think i have Jimmy's number, please pm it to me just in case, along with where CalTrans is going to leave him.

Is this SPDT Jimmy we're talking about? I get off work at five but I can't leave any earlier or else I'd jump at the chance to help him. If no one else can get him before I will head his way with my truck.

CalTrans will bring him to Seventh and Harrison (designated drop spot) and I can pick him up from there, too. I know because I was recently towed by Cal Trans and this is what I was told.

I'll forward it on to her. I assume CalTrans just gets him off the bridge, so he'll need a lift from the end of the bridge?

I think so. I just sent the PM with his number.

I'll send you guys updates as i get them (his text msgs) too. Thanks much!!!

Is this SPDT Jimmy we're talking about? I get off work at five but I can't leave any earlier or else I'd jump at the chance to help him. If no one else can get him before I will head his way with my truck.
Yup. He was riding the dr650

Back