• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Jimmy just texted me that he's only run out of gas, and I believe CalTrans will supply gas, so it looks like no rescue needed! :)

Edit: he got the gas already, its all good!

Last edited:
Spdt509 says he will be all right now. Thank you all for your quick responses and willingness to help. Roadside Angels is a perfect name for you guys!

Thanks for the help everyone, especiallY dwnshftsdwyz, for helping out. Twas indeed the sidestand. Doh! Won make that mistake again... And Dave: no credit is deserved with a problem like that! New rider, gotta learn my lessons i guess

update: first off, a big thank you to all who helped out. but given my location, caltrans(gallon of gas) and the CHP(road block) was my only option for rescue, and they came through big time! from now on, i will not check the gas level on the side stand b/c once you shift the bike upright, the gas will not flow to the carb. I used up a chunk of karma today, time to replenish it.....:)

update: first off, a big thank you to all who helped out. but given my location, caltrans(gallon of gas) and the CHP(road block) was my only option for rescue, and they came through big time! from now on, i will not check the gas level on the side stand b/c once you shift the bike upright, the gas will not flow to the carb. I used up a chunk of karma today, time to replenish it.....:)

Just glad you didn't get run over. That's a nasty place to coast to a stop. :wow

Spdt509 says he will be all right now. Thank you all for your quick responses and willingness to help. Roadside Angels is a perfect name for you guys!

I love it when CalTrans makes us look good! :teeth

Really glad Jimmy's OK... I can't imagine being broken down on the Bay Bridge... I don't imagine the cagers even bothered to slow down... :nchantr

Thanks for the help everyone, especiallY dwnshftsdwyz, for helping out. Twas indeed the sidestand. Doh! Won make that mistake again... And Dave: no credit is deserved with a problem like that! New rider, gotta learn my lessons i guess

You said you crashed it earlier today... may I suggest you take the bike into a good mechanic, and have them give it a once-over? As a really new rider, odds are good that you're not going to know if there's a serious problem or not. Better safe than sorry!

Just glad you didn't get run over. That's a nasty place to coast to a stop. :wow
had i'd stayed another 5 mins., probably woulda make the 11 o'clock news.....:thumbdown

I love it when CalTrans makes us look good! :teeth

Really glad Jimmy's OK... I can't imagine being broken down on the Bay Bridge... I don't imagine the cagers even bothered to slow down... :nchantr
caltrans guy said'i usually give moto half a gal., but today, im gonna give you the whole thing'....:thumbup

I gotta tell you, that's one thing I really hate about the bridges: if you break down or run out of gas, there's no where to pull over out of the way safely.

A huge thanks to Peter (CinnCinn) for coming all the way up here in order to tow my beloved VTR to my home.
Gratitude for the Angels of the Roadside here on BARF!

A huge thanks to Peter (CinnCinn) for coming all the way up here in order to tow my beloved VTR to my home.
Gratitude for the Angels of the Roadside here on BARF!

Peter is good people- hope you can get the bike fixed without too much trauma and get back on the road again! :thumbup

I need your help!!! I went down on 880S right by exit 24 by Alvarado Niles Rd by Union City. I'm at Fremont Kaiser right now getting checked out. Maybe broken foot and some road rash but still walking and talking.

My bike is on the side of the freeway and I need it picked up and taken to my house in Pleasanton. Please call or text me if you can help. I already PMed Connie.

Thanks , Paul

Last edited:
Thanks Connie and Soloman!!!!

Solomon, I'm on my way out to help get it loaded. His wife is en route to unlock the bars so we can roll it up the ramp. It'll take me about 1/2 hour or so to get there.

Now that the key just arrived, this barfer's bike is on its way home :)

Attachments

• 20120801_204058.jpg
    20120801_204058.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 118
Now that the key just arrived, this barfer's bike is on its way home :)

Absolutely amazing job Solomon!!! Just got back from the ER and actually arrived home at the same time my bike did. How's that for VIP service! You saved my ASS and I owe you big time. I literally posted this and had Solomon call me in less than 5 minutes.

I'm okay for the most part. Little road rash bruised ribs and kneecap and broken foot. I'd say A+ for being side swiped going 70mph and sliding across the freeway like a slide n slide.

I'm proud to call myself a BARFer!

Back