• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Absolutely amazing job Solomon!!! Just got back from the ER and actually arrived home at the same time my bike did. How's that for VIP service! You saved my ASS and I owe you big time. I literally posted this and had Solomon call me in less than 5 minutes.

I'm okay for the most part. Little road rash bruised ribs and kneecap and broken foot. I'd say A+ for being side swiped going 70mph and sliding across the freeway like a slide n slide.

I'm proud to call myself a BARFer!

Sorry to hear about the broken foot... :( Hope it heals up quick!

And +1 to Solomon being absolutely amazing! :applause I need to get this guy a cape... he's approaching Super Hero status... :thumbup

Superhero status is a tiny little dot in his rear view mirror.

Superhero status is a tiny little dot in his rear view mirror.

I think your rearview mirror has the same tiny little dot...

*note to self: buy two capes...*

Jenn Clark needs help up near Sebastapol...

8-4-12, 11:00 AM

Jenn Clark is in Sebastapol with her DR650 which is not starting after a map stop. Is there anybody in this area who can give her a hand? PM me for contact information...

Thanks,
Harry

Is Jenn back on the road yet?

Good to know this is out there. As a new rider, is there anything I can do to help out?

I'm down lol. Beers on me if I ever need any of you guys!

I would be available to pick up injured / stranded riders, and POSSIBLY tow a damaged bike. I would have to ask my neighbor to borrow his bike trailer, but I don't think that would be an issue. Worst case; tie downs in the truck bed.

God knows I'll need you guys one day; better for me to help out now :p

I also live jut a mile or two from the bottom of mines Road, so if any of you ever need a spot to do repairs or even just to grab a quick bite or a short ride, let me know.

Good to know this is out there. As a new rider, is there anything I can do to help out?

Don't crash or break down :teeth

But more seriously, do stop to check up on a rider pulled over on the side of the road if you can safely (and can spare the time). 9 times out of 10, they will be fine. :angel

most definitely will make a point of stopping for any riders I see having trouble. Day 1 my shift linkage broke in traffic, on an uphill, with me in front, in neutral. Idk which one of you (if the person was even from here) pulled over to help me with that, but it was really comforting so thanks. I thought I was totally screwed, and the people getting hella mad behind me for "not moving a the green light" weren't helping much. lol.

I'm "signed up" to help rescue with my van... and being a geek, I got to thinking...

This being organized via Gixxergirl1000 & this thread could be quite inefficient, especially during odd hours. I would be willing to donate some coding and a dedicated phone number (that people could store in their phone) that people could text in a time of need that would automatically send a broadcast text out to those offering assistance. If someone can help, they would just reply to that text and it'd automatically connect them with the person in need.

Twilio is the platform I'd be using, they let you code logic around texts and phone calls. They have lots of XXX-XXX-BARF phone numbers available. It only costs $1/mo + $.01/txt msg, so it's cheap enough for me to absorb into my twilio acct that I use for other things.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Perhaps I will start working on this then.

I "bought" XXX-X- MC-HELP :)

If you're interested in volunteering to be one of my Roadside Angels, please PM me your contact info, so I can get you on the list... and thank you for being willing to pitch in and help out stranded riders! :)

I'm down lol. Beers on me if I ever need any of you guys!

I would be available to pick up injured / stranded riders, and POSSIBLY tow a damaged bike. I would have to ask my neighbor to borrow his bike trailer, but I don't think that would be an issue. Worst case; tie downs in the truck bed.

God knows I'll need you guys one day; better for me to help out now :p

I also live jut a mile or two from the bottom of mines Road, so if any of you ever need a spot to do repairs or even just to grab a quick bite or a short ride, let me know.

I have 2 trucks and a trailer... and it's just easier to use the truck with a ramp and tie-downs.

I'm "signed up" to help rescue with my van... and being a geek, I got to thinking...

This being organized via Gixxergirl1000 & this thread could be quite inefficient, especially during odd hours. I would be willing to donate some coding and a dedicated phone number (that people could store in their phone) that people could text in a time of need that would automatically send a broadcast text out to those offering assistance. If someone can help, they would just reply to that text and it'd automatically connect them with the person in need.

Twilio is the platform I'd be using, they let you code logic around texts and phone calls. They have lots of XXX-XXX-BARF phone numbers available. It only costs $1/mo + $.01/txt msg, so it's cheap enough for me to absorb into my twilio acct that I use for other things.

Thoughts?

That's a very generous offer. You have a PM past due and inbound from me. I'm happy to chat with you about your suggestion. I'll be in touch.

Sounds great, sign me up.

Oh, and don't hate on my SUV, it's my rescue vehicle... :x

It's me again. I'm at a local gas station.

Bike got really loud so I pulled over. Before I was over, I heard a pop, then the engine got all screwy, and a huge plume of smoke trailed behind me. As I got off the bike, I saw oil all over my back tire and my engine. I'll definitely need a tow. Freeway Service Patrol already got me off the highway.

I live only 10 minutes or so from here. Thanks to anyone who even bothers to check these. I can be reached at XXX XXX XXXX.

Last edited:
I'm at work all day in Emeryville. I do have the truck and ramp today, but won't be free until about 5pm at the earliest. I'll follow the thread and will go scoop up your bike for you if you are still stranded this evening.

Back