• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Thank you, Kevin (MeanDad) for jumping in to save the day, despite being buried at work.... you're an :angel !!!

********POSTING FOR BIG B**********

*******Hawthorne Rally bike breakdown********

Black and Yellow GSXR 750 had an electrical failure and is not rideable. If anyone is nearby with a truck and willing to moto tow back to San Jose. Please respond to the location of the help beacon on the spotwalla link below.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0QHRCULISPxOq5yHPvyGlNWqKMnYnr8ma

*update rider was taken down the hill from the location to wait for a tentative pickup from coming from San Jose, but if anyone else is closer and wouldn't mind towing him home that would be better.

You can call me with questions at (four-zero-eight) eight-five-seven-nine-seven-seven-seven

Last edited:
********POSTING FOR BIG B**********

*******Hawthorne Rally bike breakdown********

Black and Yellow GSXR 750 had an electrical failure and is not rideable. If anyone is nearby with a truck and willing to moto tow back to San Jose. Please respond to the location of the help beacon on the spotwalla link below.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0QHRCULISPxOq5yHPvyGlNWqKMnYnr8ma

*update rider was taken down the hill from the location to wait for a tentative pickup from coming from San Jose, but if anyone else is closer and wouldn't mind towing him home that would be better.

You can call me with questions at (four-zero-eight) eight-five-seven-nine-seven-seven- seven

Linky no workie- it just says "resource not available".
I have a couple of volunteers in the Sonora area that might be able to get out there, and haul to Sonora and meet up with the person coming from San Jose (which might be faster)... where exactly is the bike? Is it still in Hawthorne? What highway/road is it on, and what's the nearest cross street?

I have a couple of volunteers in the Sonora area that might be able to get out there, and haul to Sonora and meet up with the person coming from San Jose (which might be faster)... where exactly is the bike? Is it still in Hawthorne? What highway/road is it on, and what's the nearest cross street?

Help beacon shows it's at: 37.75319, -119.79671
Which is in Yosemite.

[gmap]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=37.75319,+-119.79671&aq=&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=10.381094,19.753418&t=h&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=37.75319,-119.79671&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=37.75319,+-119.79671&aq=&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=10.381094,19.753418&t=h&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=37.75319,-119.79671" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]

I have a meeting at 4pm, so I can't reasonably go :dunno
But I hope this post helps!

damn that's hella far. I'm in Union City if anyone needs to pick me up if they need a hand. No truck here today tho.

Link fixed

Help beacon shows it's at: 37.75319, -119.79671
Which is in Yosemite.

[gmap]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=37.75319,+-119.79671&aq=&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=10.381094,19.753418&t=h&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=37.75319,-119.79671&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=37.75319,+-119.79671&aq=&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=10.381094,19.753418&t=h&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=37.75319,-119.79671" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]

I have a meeting at 4pm, so I can't reasonably go :dunno
But I hope this post helps!

Thanks Solomon, I think the link is fixed now

Thanks Solomon, I think the link is fixed now

There was never an issue with the link. I clicked to it from Connie's quote of your original post and it went through just fine for me. :dunno
I figure the Google Maps is easier for most people to read/get directions to/from than the SPOT interface. Hopefully it helps :)

OK, I have 2 volunteers in Sonora (only peeps I have even close to that locale). I've called and left VM for both, and shot 'em text messages with the situation. Best I can think to do is if one of them picks up the stranded rider and hauls him to Oakdale, then his brother can pick him up there, and everybody is home safe and sound well before Midnight.

Aron, thanks for the information, if I hear anything from my volunteers, I'm going to have them contact you.

*crosses fingers*

EDIT: Heard from one of my volunteers- he's hauling a load back from Carson City to Stockton. He'll be home by 7pm, though, if we still need to get Morphine picked up off the side of the road.

Last edited:
latest beacon shows him between oakdale and sonora (at the 108/120 split), if that helps his brother....coordinates are 37.84976, -120.58298, per the spot site.

I'm currently on fallon renting a 14 foot uhaul. I will rescue the gsxr.

We are in oakdale now. Arranging pickup with cell service, AC and cold drinks.

A lot easier to work out the details now.

Bike is still at the Chevron at the marker above.

Will up date again once we figure it out. In contact with Connie. Thanks all.

Hi everyone. Thats my gixxer that broke down. First of all. Thx a million for help pushing my bike there and the epic rescue coordination Unfortunately. I have my front wheel locked so cootz cant put it on her uhaul. Me and my brother will pick it up tonight after swinging bu Connies for the tools and instructions

Ill post more updates later

Thx

-James

Just waiting for James to get dropped off here in town so I can get him, and he can wait here at the house (drinking beer) for his brother with the truck.

FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY BE STUCK BETWEEN HERE AND HAWTHORNE: Reama has a nice big U-Haul box truck with plenty of room for broken bikes. If you need to get scooped up, please PM me IMMEDIATELY so I can have Reama swoop in and save you!

I hope everyone makes it home OK with no more mechanical "adventures"...

Now I'm going to go have a beer myself... I could use one of those Alaskan Summer Ales... :drool

Yup. I'm on sweep. Mean dad was kind enough to lend me his bike but its sparks plugs were gummed up. So, picking up revnort in a bit. There's room for one more butt and a few more bikes.

My bike luck this weekend = FML.

:laughing

:cry

OK, so the boys just left. They're loaded up with ramps, tie downs, canyon dancer, and a step stool. I walked them through loading a bike, but neither one has ever done that before, and I'm feeling guilty for sending them off alone...

Back