• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Thx Connie! We r on our way. To add to the 'adventure' there a traffic jam on 120. So far its been heck of a day and we r not close to be done. Hehhe

I hope everyone has a better day!

OK, so the boys just left. They're loaded up with ramps, tie downs, canyon dancer, and a step stool. I walked them through loading a bike, but neither one has ever done that before, and I'm feeling guilty for sending them off alone...

Yeah, the fact they are doing it for the first time.... and in the dark in the middle of nowhere.

:dunno

Yeah, the fact they are doing it for the first time.... and in the dark in the middle of nowhere.

:dunno

It's not rocket surgery. They'll be ok. It wouldn't make much sense for Connie to tag along just to show two guys how to load and tie down a bike. Plus, I'm sure that there are plenty of good instructional videos on the interwebs.

Plus, I'm sure that there are plenty of good instructional videos on the interwebs.

Yes, but these aren't them...
[youtube]XPu6YwitIRo[/youtube]
[youtube]qmaVlJmHgGc[/youtube]

:facepalm

It's not rocket surgery. They'll be ok. It wouldn't make much sense for Connie to tag along just to show two guys how to load and tie down a bike. Plus, I'm sure that there are plenty of good instructional videos on the interwebs.

I actually walked them through it a couple of times... gave them all the equipment they'd need, and made sure his brother knew to bring a big flashlight (which he did). They should be able to manage just fine...

Lolz- as I'm typing this, I got a call from James. They've got the bike in the back of the truck (surprise- a Gixxer 750 is heavy!), he had a question about the canyon dancer, and they should have it cinched down and be headed back to San Jose shortly! :)

Yes, but these aren't them...
[youtube]XPu6YwitIRo[/youtube]
[youtube]qmaVlJmHgGc[/youtube]

:facepalm

Oh man... and why is it you can hear the girls just laughing? Soooo much fail...

Lolz- as I'm typing this, I got a call from James. They've got the bike in the back of the truck (surprise- a Gixxer 750 is heavy!), he had a question about the canyon dancer, and they should have it cinched down and be headed back to San Jose shortly! :)

Sounds good!!

Glad they got it loaded. Now just to drive down the twisty 120 without incident...and they are set!

They passed us at the junction of 120 and some other road with the bike in the back. Let's hope for the best.

Hi all,

We just made it home to Hayward. Once again, I would like to thank everyone. I'll definitely miss out lots of names if I start listing out who to thanks. I just want to say I'm so touched, greatful and humble by fellow Barfers going out of their way, putting their lives in danger to get my bike to Crane Flat and finally home.

Barf rules!

As we rolled out of Crane Flat, we saw what looked like a truck flashing light at us. I told my brother that those guys are trying to get our attention (of course the phone ran out of juice at just the worse time!) I just call Cootz; Dan told me that it was THEM rolling in. Guys, thanks so much for getting my back. I hope you guys made it home safe and sound as well.

We're currently off loading Jakemate's motorcycle. Then on to sf to drop Dan.

Dan is home. I'm at the office. There's no way I can sleep after all that fun. :laughing

Hi all,

We just made it home to Hayward. Once again, I would like to thank everyone. I'll definitely miss out lots of names if I start listing out who to thanks. I just want to say I'm so touched, greatful and humble by fellow Barfers going out of their way, putting their lives in danger to get my bike to Crane Flat and finally home.

Barf rules!

As we rolled out of Crane Flat, we saw what looked like a truck flashing light at us. I told my brother that those guys are trying to get our attention (of course the phone ran out of juice at just the worse time!) I just call Cootz; Dan told me that it was THEM rolling in. Guys, thanks so much for getting my back. I hope you guys made it home safe and sound as well.

:thumbup

How was the twisities down 120 the second time in the truck? Did ya ride the bike in the back of the bed to get some thrills??

:)

How was the twisities down 120 the second time in the truck? Did ya ride the bike in the back of the bed to get some thrills??

:laughing I now have a mental picture of James on his bike in the back of the truck, making "vroom! vroom!" noises and grinning maniacally... :thumbup

Glad everyone made it home safe and sound, sorry the adventure dragged on into the ungodly hours of the morning for some of you... not how you want an epic weekend ride to end.

And Bryan, thanks to you and Aron & Gwynne for the help with the rescues... you guys epitomize what teh BARF is all about!!! :love

I have decided I am the designated Hawthorne sweep with my truck next year. :laughing

Also, I haven't slept since Hawthorne. 27 hours! :loco

:laughing Damn, I didn't think of that!
I remember all the tight corners after going back and forth 3 times!

:laughing I now have a mental picture of James on his bike in the back of the truck, making "vroom! vroom!" noises and grinning maniacally... :thumbup

Glad everyone made it home safe and sound, sorry the adventure dragged on into the ungodly hours of the morning for some of you... not how you want an epic weekend ride to end.

And Bryan, thanks to you and Aron & Gwynne for the help with the rescues... you guys epitomize what teh BARF is all about!!! :love
:thumbup Love the Barf

Cootz
Get. Some. Rest!

:laughing Damn, I didn't think of that!
I remember all the tight corners after going back and forth 3 times!

:thumbup Love the Barf

Cootz
Get. Some. Rest!

Thank you for the beer, but totally not necessary! I got to help by not even leaving the comforts of my house! :laughing

If you need help with the diagnostics, let me know. Let's get your baby back up and running! And let's hope it's just a stone-age battery! :)

I just ordered new batteries for both bikes, a battery tender and a multimeter. I'll holler for help later for sure.

Back