• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Good work Solomon. Sounds like something's gone bad in the charging system.

I was already in my truck bad was at my bank a block from 101, so it was easy. :)

Just dropped Daniel off at home since the bike wouldn't stay running in the parking lot after two jumps.

Thank you for saving the day again! :)

Last Update: Bike is in the garage at the end of a very adventurous 18 hours. Thanks everybody.

I'm home safe but my bike is broken down. :(

Hi, at about 11:45pm this Friday night my SV650 stalled out at the intersection of 3rd and King in San Francisco as I was coming home from a late night ride. I have been bump starting the bike all week because it usually won't start on it's own. I spent an hour trying to bump start it with no luck. Right now the bike is parked in a motorcycle space and the meter is broken so I probably won't get ticketed. I am hoping another rider could help me Saturday morning either bump start, jump start (I don't have cables), or as a last resort transport my bike back to my place in the outer Sunset. I am planning to take Muni back out to where the bike is at tomorrow around 8:00am and see if I can get it started. If I get it started I will let everyone know. Thanks in advance. Nya

Last edited:
Nya, I live just 3 blocks from 3rd and King. I don't own a truck but have a place you can store your bike until somebody can give you a tow. Let me know.

Marc.

Last edited:
Nya, sounds like there is nothing left in your battery to keep the bike running. Maybe PM Cootz baby? I can be in the CITY early to help load the bike but have to be back at work by 8:30 AM.

Nya, I was going to go on a group ride today, I'm free in the afternoon, I have a battery charger, which can jump start, and a trailer if you need it. we can check your battery to see what type of charge it's holding, and I run you over to go buy a new battery. I might have a used one somewhere.

I'm in the east bay but PM me if you want me to come out this afternoon.

Nya, another thought/idea: KC Engineering is on Harrison just off 3rd and it's open on Saturdays. Food for thought.

Nya, another thought/idea: KC Engineering is on Harrison just off 3rd and it's open on Saturdays. Food for thought.

If the bike won't start on it's own I'll pull the battery and take it over there for testing ... I'll post another update at around 10:00 am.

We can always push the SV. It's mostly flat in this part of town. I can pick you up too. Just text your address. Let me know.

Called Nya, left a message asking for a status update. If I hear back, I'll get some help to her. No shortage of awesome peeps with trucks and trailers in the City now!! :love

Update: battery completely dead, am on my way home to get my trickle charger and extension cord to see if it will start if I plug it into an open electrical outlet in the Beacon parking garage ... will take me another 2-3 hours till I know for sure. Thanks.

Nya, I live on Brannan off 2nd. That's 2 1/2 blocks away. Feel free to bring the bike and battery here for re-charging. Put your feet up, drink a beer, make yourself some nachos and relax for a while. Wifey and I don't bite. ;)

Just got off the phone with Nya. Dead battery is dead... trickle charging a stone-dead battery isn't going to fix this. Text messages have gone out to my volunteers in and around the City- if any of you are available, let's get this bike loaded and home.

If I don't hear back from anyone, or no one's available, I'll head out myself to get you home, OK?

Options:

1. Mi casa is still su casa.
2. Just called KC. A new battery, with tax and charging would cost just about $100. KC closes at 5pm and it takes about 1 hour to charge. I can buy one now, have it charged and ready for you, and you pay me later.

Keep me posted.

Update: Greg/Kingmoochr will be heading to SF shortly to rescue Miss Nya.
Official hero status awarded! :love

Update: Talked to Gixxergirl1000, a plan is in motion to get my bike home, I'll buy a new battery on pay day. Thanks again to all.

glad to have been of assistance. just too bad my ratchet strap bit me...we'll see if i use HIM again :x

Back