• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Just saw text. I'm in mtn view....I can go if I will save ya drive time.

My bike and I safely back thanks to Greg's brilliance. Thank you all for deciphering my cryptic and untimely posts. And if any of you see this, thanks to Emma, Alfredo, Michael, and Paul (more on him in my upcoming crash report) for offering help on the street!

Just saw text. I'm in mtn view....I can go if I will save ya drive time.

that would have been delightful...:p

M-x is gonna need a bit of wrench help if you can do that? Swapping clutch/brake/shift lever and footpeg on a sv650. i no longer work at google otherwise id do it

M-x is gonna need a bit of wrench help if you can do that? Swapping clutch/brake/shift lever and footpeg on a sv650. i no longer work at google otherwise id do it

Thank you so much for making that long haul and taking care of it... I would have if you couldn't, but the Pocketdog has been sick, and I was really concerned about leaving him alone for 3 hours... so thank you for saving the day, and I'm sorry for running you ragged this weekend! Two rescues in two days... :wow :hail

Dinner on me whenever you're in the area. We'll get dimsum next time.

As for wrench help: thoroughly appreciated and fully solicited.

Dinner on me whenever you're in the area. We'll get dimsum next time.

As for wrench help: thoroughly appreciated and fully solicited.

Yeah, I can help ya out. I'm in Mountain View. PM me and let me know when ya want to.

(Got the text from Connie, but was away from the phone, 30 mins later I saw it. Sorry guys.)

Yeah, I can help ya out. I'm in Mountain View. PM me and let me know when ya want to.

(Got the text from Connie, but was away from the phone, 30 mins later I saw it. Sorry guys.)

No apologies, Mister!! You've dropped everything to dash out and rescue someone waaaay too many times for that! :shame

Someone came and saved me! Thanks everuone. I just wanted to let you know I got it started and am on my way home safe.

Thanks for the heads-up that you needed help. :x

Glad you're ok & safe. :thumbup

He did PM me... but I was wrapped up with taking care of the Pocketdog, and he was home by the time I called back. Great talking with you, Rick! :thumbup
Now post up the mechanical weirdness in the Garage... I want to know what the hell made it do that!

Thank you SO much Connie :) It was really awesome to talk with you, and now I'm more excited than ever to take my first steps towards racing! I wish your dog a full and quick recovery.

I posted a thread in Garage too.

Since the title of this thread is... Wait for it...

It kinda indicates that if your bike isn't ridable and you are not close to home, then you post to this thread and see if any of us (BARF Roadside Angel/Contributor) can help you out. You won't be the first or last, and posting to this thread gets you off the road & home. :thumbup :laughing

I just read the first post that said contact Connie via PM. I did that, and then got right back to trying to troubleshoot the bike. My apologies for not following protocol lol. I color outside the lines a lot.

Thank you SO much Connie :) It was really awesome to talk with you, and now I'm more excited than ever to take my first steps towards racing! I wish your dog a full and quick recovery.

I posted a thread in Garage too.

Thanks Rick, he actually had about an hour where he was almost his usual self- definitely the hilite of the last two weeks with him!
Great talking with you, too... get those Dunlops on, and I'll tow ya around! :thumbup

Since the title of this thread is... Wait for it...

It kinda indicates that if your bike isn't ridable and you are not close to home, then you post to this thread and see if any of us (BARF Roadside Angel/Contributor) can help you out. You won't be the first or last, and posting to this thread gets you off the road & home. :thumbup :laughing

Actually, the thread he posted in the Garage was for the really weird thing his bike did this afternoon...
But yeah- posting in this thread will usually get a fast turnaround on getting saved! My Angels are teh awesomest!!!! :love :love

I was hit by a car running a red light on Friday and my bike is unrideable. I'm fine but have a sprained wrist and whiplash. OPD towed the bike to their yard and I need help getting it out of there. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also don't have a phone anymore. It was killed in the accident.

Thank you,
Theo

I was hit by a car running a red light on Friday and my bike is unrideable. I'm fine but have a sprained wrist and whiplash. OPD towed the bike to their yard and I need help getting it out of there. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also don't have a phone anymore. It was killed in the accident.

Thank you,
Theo

Theo,

Glad to hear that you're reasonably ok.

If you can give me the info, I can probably help you tomorrow. email me at <email removed> and let me know what the details are. I live in Pacifica, but work in Emeryville. I have to drive my truck tomorrow anyway, so I should be able to sort you out in the early afternoon.

-Aaron

Last edited:
Sorted out. I will be meeting Theo on Thursday after work to go get his bike out of the tow yard. :party

Back