• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

glad to have been of assistance. just too bad my ratchet strap bit me...we'll see if i use HIM again :x

You got a boo-boo??? :wow

That ain't right!!! :x

Do you need me to kiss it better? ;)

Thank you for jumping in to save the day!! :)

I'm stuck at my friends in concord. We have just perfromaed maintenance on my ninja 250, and now we have no electrical activity at all. I turn the key and absolutely nothing happens.

We made sure the battery was good, but still no go.
Are there any electircla experts out there that can help? I'm stuck here and am supposed to go to a riding class with code tomorrow. Someone save me please.

I'm stuck at my friends in concord. We have just perfromaed maintenance on my ninja 250, and now we have no electrical activity at all. I turn the key and absolutely nothing happens.

We made sure the battery was good, but still no go.
Are there any electircla experts out there that can help? I'm stuck here and am supposed to go to a riding class with code tomorrow. Someone save me please.

What maintenance did you do? Anything that would have interrupted the electrical circuits? You should check all of your fuses, particularly the main fuse. Please pm me your contact information if you need me to haul you and your bike home tonight.

So it turned out to be the ignition wire got stripped and grounded out on the frame :(

But now we have another issue, other than the fact that we put in 16 straight hours of work yesterday lol. The bike has power, but it won't start the engine. I'm thinking either spark plugs aren't providing spark, or that the coils are wired incorrectly. How can I test either of those?
Edit: Tested the spark, spark is good. Still no start.

Last edited:
So it turned out to be the ignition wire got stripped and grounded out on the frame :(

But now we have another issue, other than the fact that we put in 16 straight hours of work yesterday lol. The bike has power, but it won't start the engine. I'm thinking either spark plugs aren't providing spark, or that the coils are wired incorrectly. How can I test either of those?
Edit: Tested the spark, spark is good. Still no start.

The fuel petcock at the tank is actuated by engine vacuum. Do you have the vacuum hose connected up? You can disconnect the hoses, suck on the vacuum hose and see if fuel flows through.

Ok, so the fuel pump relay wirse is broken. I'm guessing that it was loose yesterday, and broke today. I'lll report back once we replace it.

^^^ The place to actually be posting for help with stuff like this would be in the Garage section of the forum. You're long past any assistance I can provide- unless it's to haul your bike home for you now. Sorry to hear you're missing out on the Keith Code event... and I hope you get your bike up and running!
Let me know if I need to run up to Concord with the truck.

If you need a tow, PM me. hope you get it all sorted out, but if you don't.

Grant and Fremont Mtn View

Bike is not riding condition. I also don't have a phone. Will buy you a beer. Halp

Please PM me the following:

Where the bike is (address, street w/nearest cross street, city)
How to get ahold of you
Where the bike needs to go (city)
Is the bike crashed? If so, does it roll?

Bike is in mtn view at grant and fremont. Bike does not roll. Stuck in gear. No way to get a hold of me :( if someone with a phOne can cOme hang out with me it would helP

OK, not rolling is a problem. Even when you pull the clutch in, it still won't roll?

Update: bike rolls now. Fremont and grant but closer to the bus stop in the bike lane. Using passerby's phones. :D

I just texted a volunteer who lives in Mt View. Hopefully he can help... working on a couple other options. If no one else is available, I'll roll out.

OK, Greg/Kingmoochr will roll out and scoop you up. I've sent him your contact number, he's going to be heading out shortly.

Back