• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Gixxergirl1000 and Cincinnatus you are my angels! Thank you so much, I cannot express to you both how much Will and I appreciate your help!!!!

Let Will know I'll be out to see him tomorrow, and if there's anything I can do to help, let me know! :)

ABC has posted up a help thread. His buddy is stuck up on Mt. Hammy :(

ABC has posted up a help thread. His buddy is stuck up on Mt. Hammy :(

The rider was able to get home... unfortunately, the update Sprint sent me that I updated last night crashed my cell phone so hard I had to have the guys at the Sprint store do a factory reset... so all text messages, e-mail notifications, etc since last night are gone... my apologies to the stranded rider... :(
I'm now going to spend the evening replacing all the lost crap... *sigh*
Thank you for the "update", Sprint... :nchantr

Speedy corky is broke down in berryessa but the SOS is posted in the sink.

I'm busy until 4 or 5. If he's still stuck I can roll out.

Never mind. Peter is on it. He is an elite, next level rescuer. :hail

He has 2 phone numbers posted in the kitchen sink

Koi is headed up with his truck & tools. Mucho closer than me. :thumbup

I tried reaching Charlie, no response... hope he's ok.

You are amazing people and worthy of a :hail

Koi is headed up with his truck & tools. Mucho closer than me. :thumbup

Don't have a truck but was going to head up with tools. Wound up getting a hold of a buddy right around the corner who had seen him at Turtle Rock. Got a txt through to him and he's got help on his way so I didn't do anything but play middle man between him and Violet and BARF.

Glad to have helped, even if it was just an attempt.

Excellent, any way it works out. Does Charlie need help getting the bike to his home or to a shop?

Hey I have a bike off of Montague and capitol in milpitas at a friends apt that's not running and needs to be moves to my house. Not a big emergency but willing to pay 20 for gas!!

Hey I have a bike off of Montague and capitol in milpitas at a friends apt that's not running and needs to be moves to my house. Not a big emergency but willing to pay 20 for gas!!

If it's not an emergency, then go ahead and post up a thread in General asking if there's someone in your neck of the woods who can help you out getting the bike moved for gas and a 6-pack... great way to meet BARFers, and you should have someone stepping up to help out in no time! :)

The reason I started this whole thing was for emergencies... like when you crash, and the bike is too damaged to ride home, or breaks down out in the middle of nowhere. Those are situations that need to be handled immediately. In your case, it sounds like you've got a couple of days, so it should be easy to line something up in General. :)

Connie - I can do it, tomorrow after 5pm, if it's no rush. go to sleep peeps!

We're volunteers. :)

That said, I will gladly accept a hug or a beer or both after picking you up.

If you want to help, make a donation to barf so you have somewhere to post if you ever need help.

Back