• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Do you guys take donations? Like a fund

As Reama said, feel free to donate to BARF... we're all family here, so we gotta do what we can to help Budman keep a roof over our heads! :thumbup

I'll admit that when I was unemployed, I would occasionally accept gas money for rescues if people were insistent. Generally, though, I will refuse. I love Teh BARFs

I only accept ice cream donations for my rescues. No exceptions.

I'll admit that when I was unemployed, I would occasionally accept gas money for rescues if people were insistent. Generally, though, I will refuse. I love Teh BARFs

I would actually prefer it if you would let them cover your gas... you and Bryan both. I would feel a LOT less guilty tapping you for a rescue if I knew it wasn't costing you more than time... :) :love

I only accept ice cream donations for my rescues. No exceptions.

I had a rescue-ee's Mom give me a plate of home-made Lumpia one time... :drool
Best rescue EVAR!!!

Honestly, I only accept cash for fuel, if they person can afford it.

I never ask, only if offered. Most longer drive time deliveries they offer.

I would actually prefer it if you would let them cover your gas... you and Bryan both. I would feel a LOT less guilty tapping you for a rescue if I knew it wasn't costing you more than time... :) :love

I had a rescue-ee's Mom give me a plate of home-made Lumpia one time... :drool
Best rescue EVAR!!!

Honestly, I only accept cash for fuel, if they person can afford it.

I never ask, only if offered. Most longer drive time deliveries they offer.

Good! I feel less guilty already! :teeth

And since I make sure to cover that when I'm on the phone with the person, I'm hoping they're all offering! :)
And if you ever end up with someone not able to cover your gas, please let me know, and I'll take care of it myself. Anyone willing to help out with this, and drop whatever they're doing to rush out because I texted them, well, that matters to me... a LOT. I don't ever want to risk losing a volunteer because the stranded person didn't do the right thing...

Last edited:
Good! I feel less guilty already! :teeth

And since I make sure to cover that when I'm on the phone with the person, I'm hoping they're all offering! :)
And if you ever end up with someone not able to cover your gas, please let me know, and I'll take care of it myself. Anyone willing to help out with this, and drop whatever they're doing to rush out because I texted them, well, that matters to me... a LOT. I don't ever want to risk losing a volunteer because the stranded person didn't do the right thing...

Honestly, I can afford the gas money. It's really not a big deal. Someone who has just broken down/crashed has a lot on his/her mind, and is often looking at quite a bit of cash out of pocket to get back on the road. I can completely understand someone not thinking to offer or not being able to afford to do so. I always appreciate the offers, but rarely accept them. If I'm spending 3 hours dragging your bike up a ditch, I will likely accept your offer of gas money. If I have a short drive to grab you and deliver you, and you're nice, I will most likely refuse the generous offer.

As I said, when I was unemployed I didn't turn down too many offers. :laughing

Help stranded in hayward

I'm stranded in hayward my clutch cable broke. I need to get back to san jose. Please help i'm at 152 w jackson st in hayward. please help 408-645-1310
Topher

I'm stranded in hayward my clutch cable broke. I need to get back to san jose. Please help i'm at 152 w jackson st in hayward. please help 408-645-1310
Topher

Notified Connie via Text.

Text messages sent out to volunteers in San Jose and Hayward area... if anyone's available, let me know... if not, I'll get the ramp and roll out myself.

Thank you, again, Peter, for saving the day!! :thumbup

OK Peeps... Sfdj Tim is stranded in Sausalito with a dead stator.... he and his bike need to get scooped up and taken to San Jose... anyone?? Short of renting a truck, I can't handle it myself- the brakes on the Dodge are shot, and aren't getting replaced until tomorrow morning... anyone here able to help?? *crosses fingers*

HANDLED! Peter/Cincinnatus is rolling out yet again to save the day (go army!!), with our dashing Dima/Mockba in standby mode should backup be necessary!!!

Damn I love this place.... :) :love

Also, I would add that Aaron/Lunchbox was willing to drag himself out of his sickbed to rescue Tim if no one else could... have I mentioned how much Win and Awesome there is on this forum????

Hey, I'm 'ill' too, I was clearing my hillside and I've got a massive poison sumac/oak thing going on. I was gonna stay home and let it fester/improve, but Connie dragged me out and got it done. All good, everybody's home safe & sound. :thumbup

BTW, where's our BRAC stickers & shirts, dammit?? :x

Peter, you are a bike rescuing machine. I tip my hat to you, sir. Thank you for allowing me to fester on the couch today. Remind me to buy you a beer next time I see you.

Back