• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

^^^^ If you're willing to help out, that would be great! PM me your contact information, so I can get you on my "dispatch list"! Be sure to include your geographical location (city, area you're willing to travel)... and thanks for being willing to jump in and help! :) :banana

Non-barfer broke down with cooling problem on south bound 101 above Ellis St exit. New to him R6, knows nothing about bikes. He lives in Milpitas and didn't want a ride home. Need a RSA to stop by with coolant, tools, and truck.

Peter, pm or text me his contact information, so I can find out what city he's in, and find out if he still needs help.

Last edited:
He gave me no name, no phone, nada. Getting info out of him was difficult.

Well, like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water... :dunno

I'm sure he was able to get his situation resolved, and hopefully he'll decide it's worthwhile to learn a little bit about bikes, and how they work! :thumbup

Picked up a nail in my rear tire. I should have left it there so I could ride to a fix it place. But no, I just had to pull it out :facepalm

Anyhows, I'm in Alameda on Otis Drive and Court St. I see there's an Autozone fairly nearby. Would anyone be able to help me get a sticky rope plug kit and pump?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Picked up a nail in my rear tire. I should have left it there so I could ride to a fix it place. But no, I just had to pull it out :facepalm

Anyhows, I'm in Alameda on Otis Drive and Court St. I see there's an Autozone fairly nearby. Would anyone be able to help me get a sticky rope plug kit and pump?

Just sent him a text. I have my truck with me in Oakland right now, but I'm stuck at work until noon. Perhaps someone is more free than me to help out? :angel

I'm in E-Ville, but took BART in today because of the bridge thing. Otherwise, I could have ridden down and used the one I keep under the seat. Sorry :(

Hey guys, I just spoke with Kevin (Clem Kevin) and he's broken down on 1610 Silva Road, Mckinleyville, CA. That's close to Arcata.

(949) 392 3449 - that's his cell.

The only folks I know up there are dtrides, aloha Girl, and Lonestrr

Last edited:
Ok, just like the bumper sticker says; Where the heck is McKinleyville??

Destination? Does he live up there?

Last edited:
He's trying to get back to the Bay Area. AS I mentioned if he can be brought close to I5 I will haul him home from there tomorrow.

Back