• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Thanks for the help guys, very much appreciated! Towing is quoting us 500 for both bikes unfortunately. Most of them say they can't tow from Hwy 9 either. Is it safe to leave the bikes overnight? Our friend picked us up since we were getting no reception/losing phone battery.

I land in SFO at 12:20 pm tomorrow and can roll out if need be. I'll check this thread when I land. Boarding shortly.

If the bikes are off the road and hopefully in a turn-out, they should be fine. If they're both unrideable, it's likely that they won't be stolen.

I can help tomorrow, and I'm local. Text him, and will be able to pick them up. Sounds like one may be a issue for a ramp/truck, so my trailer will be easy to get em both.

I just got off the phone with jki177, I'm going to roll out to the 76 station and see if we can get both bikes in the back of the Tacoma. I'll post up with results once I see what I'm dealing with.

Update:
Got 'em down and to the shop. A little challenging with tiedown placement when one bike's clip-on is a snap-off, but made it work. :toothless

Last edited:
I land in SFO at 12:20 pm tomorrow and can roll out if need be. I'll check this thread when I land. Boarding shortly.

I offered to foll out from Tracy, but they politely declined. Im on call for tomorrow.

I can help tomorrow, and I'm local. Text him, and will be able to pick them up. Sounds like one may be a issue for a ramp/truck, so my trailer will be easy to get em both.

I just got off the phone with jki177, I'm going to roll out to the 76 station and see if we can get both bikes in the back of the Tacoma. I'll post up with results once I see what I'm dealing with.

Update:
Got 'em down and to the shop. A little challenging with tiedown placement when one bike's clip-on is a snap-off, but made it work. :toothless

SO MUCH WIN IN EVERY SINGLE POST!!!!!!

Honestly, you guys make me so proud to be a part of this Forum... where the hell else do you find people in freakin' VIENNA offering help... willing to drive for an hour and a half... rolling out over and over and over again... rolling out reeeeeaaaaally late on a work night... all to help total strangers, just because they need it.
You guys are so awesome, I don't even have words.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for making this work!!! :love :love :hail :hail

Glad to see this got sorted out. Great job, brichter! :party

Good to know I can head home from the airport to rest. :teeth

It's all good, he PM'd me with his number, and Reama/SF Cootz is on her way!

I know, right? So much win on this Forum! :)

Exactly. Just when you can't read one more argument about a Scott's damper, the gang hits a home run. It always comes just in time to remind us; even though we bicker about the stupid little things, handling the serious shit is all business.

You and your band of miscreants are the bees knees, Connie. :thumbup

Thanks.

Wow, Connie, you caught me fast and at just the right time. :thumbup us ladies are waaaay faster than aaa.

Exactly. Just when you can't read one more argument about a Scott's damper, the gang hits a home run. It always comes just in time to remind us; even though we bicker about the stupid little things, handling the serious shit is all business.

You and your band of miscreants are the bees knees, Connie. :thumbup

That made me laugh... I needed it more than you know... and you're exactly right. We're like one big dysfunctional family here... plenty of bickering, but we're always there for one another!

Thanks.

Wow, Connie, you caught me fast and at just the right time. :thumbup us ladies are waaaay faster than aaa.

Coupla gals with trucks and ramps, and there's no boys we can't save.
Plus we make the best sammiches! :thumbup

go Connie. you are the best !!!! a true angel ..............I so glad I got u back into the swing.helping pep is what its all about and meeting pep no matter rich or poor.barf is proud this much I know>>>>> carlos sanchez

Back