• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Good on ya, mate! Thanks for saving me the trip. Please tell Kurt :twofinger for me

All good, since it's in my area.

You realize you're the very first Mod rescue, right? That's so cool... :cool :banana

Thank you for saving the day!! You are a SUPERSTAR!! :hail :applause

I was surprised when I got your text. Since I just got in all I had to do is load up the truck but Kurt called and said that he was so close to home that he decided to push his bike home. He said he was already half way and just need to get it up a hill. Just waiting to hear from him to make sure he's ok.

All good, since it's in my area.

I was surprised when I got your text
. Since I just got in all I had to do is load up the truck but Kurt called and said that he was so close to home that he decided to push his bike home. He said he was already half way and just need to get it up a hill. Just waiting to hear from him to make sure he's ok.

That's how I roll... stealthy ninja texts you never see coming... begging for help... :laughing

Well, hopefully you don't have to head out... but I know I couldn't push my Gixxer 3 or 4 blocks, let alone a couple of miles... but I'm glad that, one way or another, Kurt and his bike are going to get home! :)

:party
Thanks for the update. Poor old man, out wandering the streets well past his bedtime.... :teeth

:party
Thanks for the update. Poor old man, out wandering the streets well past his bedtime.... :teeth

:twofinger

Goddamn Japanese bikes. Gotta stick to the Italian ones. At least then you're not disappointed when the electrics crap out. :mad

Glad you're back at the home, safe and sound. I'll stop post whoring in this thread (sorry to all who get email updates from this one like I do).

Yay fer Connie & Robert! :party
Good on ya, mate! Thanks for saving me the trip. Please tell Kurt :twofinger for me
IMG_0808_zpsa6ef4c58.jpg

:twofinger

Goddamn Japanese bikes. Gotta stick to the Italian ones. At least then you're not disappointed when the electrics crap out. :mad
Maybe if'n you 'n Bap didn't take turns toss'in that poor little bike down the road, the electronic would be fine? :dunno

What would be the fun in that? Plus it's a justification to buy more farkles. :x

Just saw this one posted at 5:21pm: Anyone out that way? :)
My chain exploded on Richmond Parkway.

Wondering if I can pay anyone to tow my bike to Martinez or maybe to my friends down the street in pinole.

9258122400 josh

Doh. I was out on a bike rescue from 2-8 today, so I was unable to help out. I didn't see that post, and I hope that it is squared-away.

Yep, Mike/HD30-06 stepped up to handle things! :thumbup

WOW I'm subed.. what a nice effort you all got going on here. Kudos to all those of you who are helping others in need.

Posting this for a friend:

His throttle cable broke on the commute this morning and is currently standing in the rain by 87 to 101N on the left side: https://goo.gl/maps/fWJl9

Could anyone give him a tow to his house (a couple miles away) ASAP?

Last edited:
Text messages sent out. Is he knowledgeable enough to ride without a clutch? Will advise if I have someone available...

I'm in Milapitas would have to shuffle some things in the back if the truck but I have ramp and straps. If they still need help send me a pm and it will bump my email. My truck is big though so without a good loading spot it makes it hard.

Back