• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Posting this for a friend:

His throttle cable broke on the commute this morning and is currently standing in the rain by 87 to 101N on the left side: https://goo.gl/maps/fWJl9

Could anyone give him a tow to his house (a couple miles away) ASAP?

Friend claims he should be able to make it home now. Will update if he can't. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help. I didn't hear from anybody until after I got moving again. Was able to modify a stick for a throttle. :thumbdown

a4B8M5X.jpg

Thanks for all the help. I didn't hear from anybody until after I got moving again. Was able to modify a stick for a throttle. :thumbdown

cool. make whatever you get your hands on work:thumbup

another trick if you only need to go a short distance is to raise the idle speed via the adj knob and feather the the clutch.

a4B8M5X.jpg

Welp, you certainly get bonus points for High School Auto Shop Jerry Rig/Mickey Mouse Engineering 1A... :laughing

HUGE mad props to Felix/RaiderNation for rolling out to save the day in really crappy weather (what the hell happened to our drought???)... Felix, my dear, I so owe you a beer!!! You rock!! :thumbup

Welp, you certainly get bonus points for High School Auto Shop Jerry Rig/Mickey Mouse Engineering 1A... :laughing

HUGE mad props to Felix/RaiderNation for rolling out to save the day in really crappy weather (what the hell happened to our drought???)... Felix, my dear, I so owe you a beer!!! You rock!! :thumbup

Thanks again to Gixxergirl, Felix, and Robert for reaching out to me. New clutch, throttle, and a larger fuel tank are on their way!

I'm stuck at auto mall in fremont, by five guys. Bmw 1100rt died on me. Live off berryessa exit on 680 in north San Jose. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm stuck at auto mall in fremont, by five guys. Bmw 1100rt died on me. Live off berryessa exit on 680 in north San Jose. Number is 510-676-9452. Any help would be appreciated

RT? That sounds like a trailer is needed.... ramp and truck will be a issue. Whats wrong with the bike?

I am en route. Hooking up trailer.

Bryan, you are Win & Awesome personified!!! Love you to death!! :)

Made it home thanks to Bryan! Also had some good conversation, and I think I'll be checking out some MGR's with him once the bike is running again. Thanks again! You all are awesome and Bryan is a lifesaver!

Hey, so I crashed my bike. I'm in Palo Alto off Oregon Expressway. Any help nearby? I can't ride it home.

Joe

Hey, so I crashed my bike. I'm in Palo Alto off Oregon Expressway. Any help nearby? I can't ride it home.

Joe

Please PM me your contact information, and the street with nearest cross street (or, better yet, address) where you are, so I can make arrangements.

Sent a PM to Joe, still waiting to hear back...

Last edited:
I live right there. I got this.

If you can, that would be great... I have no contact info, and no specific location for where he may be. I don't know that area, so maybe it's a really short road and a five-minute drive to just cruise around looking for the guy.

Please keep me posted... and you are absolutely a superstar!!! :)

Back