• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Hi guys,

Friend's bike's, (non-barfer) chain just snapped on him coming from Alice's, going north, about 3 miles north of Alice's. Can anyone help out? Need a tow going to San Bruno.

PM me or call 4156910687

Calling in just a moment... will need some info...

OK, about a dozen text messages sent out, and I'm not hearing back. I'll give it another 10 minutes, and then I'll roll out. We'll get it resolved!

Lol... I found me! I'm on my way, should be there in about 45 minutes

You rock. That's a heck of a haul for you. Safe travels. Beer is on me next time I see you.

Thank You Aaron! Got the rider scooped up, loaded, and dropped off in San Bruno! Headed home now, & I just might have a beer when I get back to the house! Lol

Last edited:
Thank You Aaron! Got the rider scooped up, loaded, and dropped off in San Bruno! Headed home now, & I just might have a beer when I get back to the house! Lol

Good job! Hope he at least had some gas/beer money for our angle.

So hard is the help you have chosen to give. :love

Good job! Hope he at least had some gas/beer money for our angle.

So hard is the help you have chosen to give. :love

He was way beyond generous, wouldn't take change, and wanted it put towards the race efforts! :)

And as much as I've received from BARF, a little driving is the least I can do!

Hey guys, my bike is not running. I'm in L.A. and need to get to the Pismo area. If nothing else I have a place in Reseda to drop the bike. I at least need to get it there and myself to greyhound or Amtrak so no body has to make a 3 hr round trip after their days off.

possibly have a place to take the bike to do some work on it, but haven't heard back.

bike is an 02 KTM 640 Adv.

Thanks
Travis

Wow. Dude, I wish I could, but not tonight.

Can you get AAA to help?

Hey guys, my bike is not running. I'm in L.A. and need to get to the Pismo area. If nothing else I have a place in Reseda to drop the bike. I at least need to get it there and myself to greyhound or Amtrak so no body has to make a 3 hr round trip after their days off.

possibly have a place to take the bike to do some work on it, but haven't heard back.

bike is an 02 KTM 640 Adv.

Thanks
Travis

Travis- I have one person in the SoCal area... that's it. My volunteers are all in Northern California... and that's a lot more than 3 hours round trip (for me personally, it would be about 5-1/2 hours one way)...
Please PM me your contact information, so I can see if the one guy I have in SoCal is anywhere near where you are, and available to help.

Too bad we were already home in Pacifica by the time this was posted. We were in Ventura until this morning. Of course, we were in the Mazda and didn't have the bike trailer, so we wouldn't have been of much help anyway. :|

OK, I'm working on this... I have one guy in SoCal, trying to see if he's even still living in Southern California at this point, as he signed up a while ago... and he's in San Diego... doing what I can, but it's not looking so very good... :(

Back