• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

I am too far away, and have plans. If he's able to get to a gas station, he can likely plug the tire (depending on the puncture). Hopefully, someone out that way will be able to help.

Edit, just saw that it is a tubed tire. Bummer.... Well, hopefully there is someone out that way who can help.

Last edited:
My boyfriend is broken down on the side of road near Vallejo, Ca. He's at exit 29A for the California Maritime Academy. He is headed eastbound on I-80.

He has a flat rear wheel, running a Dunlap 401 150x80.

He is running a hard-tail chopper race starting in Oakland and ending in Rockingham, North Carolina. Any one that can help get him get back on the road to make up some of the time he lost would be a life saver. (They just started the race this morning)

Name: Kemmeth
cell #: 360-223-8169
email: klparriott@gmail.com

He is looking for help to get this tire fixed and get him back on the road. Whether it's a tow to a shop that is open on a Sunday or an angel that not only has the tools to change a tire but a new tube to put in as well.

Any help would be appreciated. We do know that Cycle Gear in Fairfield is open at 10 and would hopefully have what he needs.

Please HELP!

PM on its way.

MR.B crashed needs help, he is by 101 and 20 near Willits #1-406-941-3062, Thank You for any help with a ride. Vampires MC member

Last edited by a moderator:
AS AN FYI:
Posting in this thread does not always ensure that I will be notified. Notifications are sporadic.
Sending me a PM always ensures I will be notified.
So if a BARFer is stranded, please be sure to send me a PM, and then post up in General. The LAST step is posting in this thread.

I feel bad when I find out a BARFer needed help... 2 days after... :(

So shoot me a PM, so I can do my best to get help for one of our BARF family members! :)

Gsxr Down Highway 9

Friend needs a tow from Highway 9. Gsxr 600 Down about 2-3 miles from 4 corners going down to Saratoga. Bike is left there for now, no cell service. Please call or text rider @ 408-823-1195.
Bike can roll but is unable to start. Final destination will be @ Advanced Cycle Service 1135 Old Bayshore Hwy, San Jose 95112

Thanks

Last edited:
Melanie/Storm is riding to the rescue (again) to rescue Evil Crayon (again)!

And nicely, Bobby wasn't seriously hurt and/or broken by the idiot doing an illegal U-Turn! :thumbup

Thanks, Melanie, for saving the day yet again!!!! :love :hail :applause

Need help getting home! Gear shift lever bolt came off while I was riding and I can't bump start the bike in 5th. I'm in an office space right next to 1st street and Trimble road. If anybody can help me out

Last edited:
Hi Thomas -

I can't help you now but tomorrow PM I'm available - send me a PM if you still need a tow come tomorrow...I'm in Santa Clara so not to far. Other idea is small vice grips on the shift rod, and/or replacement bold fr Hardware store - most of them do carry metric sizes these days.

GL

Tim

Last edited:
Need help getting home! Gear shift lever bolt came off while I was riding and I can't bump start the bike in 5th. I'm in an office space right next to 1st street and Trimble road. If anybody can help me out, (408)348.5209 is my cell

I could come later tonight, probably after 10:30. PM sent, you can call me if you get something before then.

<edit>

You left your digits above, I'll send you a text. Probably should edit those out when you're done here...

Last edited:
I called last night, when I got the message... was out of cell phone range earlier in the day... haven't heard back, hope everything was resolved.

Tim, that's a really good idea about using a bolt as a temp fix... filing that away for future reference!

I texted Thomas last night, let him know I was busy until 10:30 or so, and if I didn't hear back from him by then, I'd come pick him up. He texted me back saying thanks, the again a while later saying he had swapped a bolt out of his passenger peg to get the shifter working and he was good.

Back