• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

OK, messages out to my one Southern California volunteer (who is in San Diego), and I've reached out to Clem Kevin, the guy we got from way up in Northern California down here, where his brother picked him up and took him down to LA... so hopefully he can help out a stranded rider himself, with his brother's help... *crosses fingers*

If I can't get something coordinated, this will be the first time I've had to tell someone I can't help them... :(

Glad you got it resolved, Travis! And I still say the other conversation sounded more intriguing! ;)
And since you've basically withdrawn your request for help, technically, I still haven't had to tell anyone they're out of luck! :)
If the situation changes, shoot me a text message... looks like Kevin might be able to help set something up if it became necessary!

I would be willing to go out to help a rider with a flat, my tankbag is loaded for bear with a mini compressor, plug kit and a harpoon gun flux capacitor and a beer chugging reactor for warp drive.
Reach out to me if you are in the general southbay vicinity and need your tire repaired to get you home. I can get to you faster than a cage and might even bring a bottle or two of water for you to hydrate. PM for Cell phone number.

Hey guys just got a flat tire in San Luis Obispo off higuera exit. Waiting for some air to see if she will even hold air but if not looking for help taking her to a shop

Crap, just got this... left my cell phone in my purse... :facepalm

subscribed, wondered why I hadnt had updates,

Hallo,

I know this thread is for Emergencies only, my bike just turned off on me while i was doing some Alice's run see my story --> http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457462

I got it towed to my place and now my only problem is getting my bike to the shop which is only less than 5 miles away from where I live. I'm trying to avoid spending 80+ bucks to have it towed I could use that for the repair expense :teeth, i'm wondering if someone from the barf family generous enough to give me a lift tomorrow noon (6/11/14) or Thursday noon (6/12/14) around 4pm-ish.

I live in Saratoga / Williams and the shop is at Parkmoor (behind San Jose Cycle gear) off of Meridian. Willing offer a pack of beer or a dinner :)???

Thankies!
Mario B

Hallo,

I know this thread is for Emergencies only, my bike just turned off on me while i was doing some Alice's run see my story --> http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457462

I got it towed to my place and now my only problem is getting my bike to the shop which is only less than 5 miles away from where I live. I'm trying to avoid spending 80+ bucks to have it towed I could use that for the repair expense :teeth, i'm wondering if someone from the barf family generous enough to give me a lift tomorrow noon (6/11/14) or Thursday noon (6/12/14) around 4pm-ish.

I live in Saratoga / Williams and the shop is at Parkmoor (behind San Jose Cycle gear) off of Meridian. Willing offer a pack of beer or a dinner :)???

Thankies!
Mario B

Just start a thread in general, please. Someone will help you out.

OP, go rent a U-Haul box truck with the built-in pullout ramp, and buy some tie downs. Load the bike into the truck, secure to the side rails with tie downs (pad with a shipping blanket or towels), and drive to the repair shop. Even with paying mileage, this will still be waaaaay less expensive that paying a tow truck.

I can see it's time to post up how this works again...

Time for the annual refresher course of how this works! :)

If you are in an EMERGENCY situation- you've crashed, or had a mechanical failure, and you're stranded, then we're here to do our best to get you home! :)

What is NOT an "emergency"? Well, if your bike is at your home or a buddy's house (or some other secure location), then it is NOT an emergency.

Please be sure to give the rules a quick once-over... and make sure you send that PM to me so I get the notification... for whatever reason, I don't always receive a notification if this thread is posted in, and I hate to think anyone is sitting on the side of the road, wondering why I didn't call them... :(

EDIT:
INSTRUCTIONS:

1)PM me... my cell phone sends a notification when I get a PM... THEN:
2) Post it up in General, and ask that someone who knows me TEXT ME- Texts get read, even if I'm at work, while a voicemail may get missed. Be sure to include your general location (Hiway 9 near Boulder Creek, Hiway 1 near Tomales, etc). By posting up in General, it also gives every BARFer who sees the thread the opportunity to jump in and help who may not even be on the Volunteer list, which could be a good (and fast!) thing if I'm out riding!
3) As extra coverage, you can also post up in this thread- I'm subscribed to it, so I get notifications when there's a new post (as do some of the other Roadside Angels! :) )

EDIT #2: If you think you can fix the bike and ride it home, please update your post that you no longer need help! And remember- this is for emergencies only, when you're stranded, and have no other options!

EDIT #3: PLEASE INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION (phone #), and your FINAL DESTINATION- and be sure to go back later and edit out your number. But being able to get in contact with you will help me figure out where you are to get someone as close to you (and where you need to be) as possible out to help, and let you know someone's on the way (as well as an ETA), and allow you to let me (or the volunteer) know if you no longer need assistance.

EDIT #4: If you don't have a "smartphone" with internet access, please call a friend/family member, and have them post up for you. If they don't have a BARF account, have them log on for you on your account, and post up that way.

I'll either arrange for one of my awesome "Roadside Angel" volunteers to help, or come get you myself.

If you have a truck & ramp, and are willing to be on the contact list, please let me know. The more names I have, the better the chance of getting someone out right away. PM me with your name, phone number, and your city. I'll add you to the list, and thank you for your willingness to help out fellow BARFers! :)

Paging santa cruz roadside Angels -

Motorcycle broken down on Empire Grade Road northbound ~200yds before Heller Rd/West Entrance to UC Santa Cruz.

Riders name is John K (831-295-3059) - he is a grad student living on campus - bike needs to only go ~1 mile but it is all up hill :thumbdown I stopped and helped him trouble shoot it - but my tow car/trailer/tools are all over the hill in the South bay...:(

If anyone is available locally in the next short while with truck/ramps or trailer, give john a call...pretty warm out to be pushing the bike uphill...moto with tow-strap might work as well...fyi it's a good-looking '87 Kawi Vulcan 750 twin :thumbup

T

Broken down- roadside angels!!

My boyfriend is broken down on the side of road near Vallejo, Ca. He's at exit 29A for the California Maritime Academy. He is headed eastbound on I-80.

He has a flat rear wheel, running a Dunlap 401 150x80.

He is running a hard-tail chopper race starting in Oakland and ending in Rockingham, North Carolina. Any one that can help get him get back on the road to make up some of the time he lost would be a life saver. (They just started the race this morning)

Name: Kemmeth
cell #: 360-223-8169
email: klparriott@gmail.com

He is looking for help to get this tire fixed and get him back on the road. Whether it's a tow to a shop that is open on a Sunday or an angel that not only has the tools to change a tire but a new tube to put in as well.

Any help would be appreciated. We do know that Cycle Gear in Fairfield is open at 10 and would hopefully have what he needs.

Please HELP!

Back