If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

That's my road-captain! TMU Saves Lives.

Yup, I have hauled 9 bikes so far this year.
And as my sig line says: PM me for a lift, PM's forwarded to my cell.
But also a good idea to post a new thread if I don't get right back to you
within like 5 minutes, I could be out riding.

That's my road-captain! TMU Saves Lives.

TMU for Life, Ba-bee!!! :teeth

Yup, I have hauled 9 bikes so far this year.
And as my sig line says: PM me for a lift, PM's forwarded to my cell.
But also a good idea to post a new thread if I don't get right back to you
within like 5 minutes, I could be out riding.

Nathan, would you PM me how to set up my PM's to notify me on my cell phone? I love that idea!!

TMU for Life, Ba-bee!!! :teeth

Nathan, would you PM me how to set up my PM's to notify me on my cell phone? I love that idea!!

If you have your e-mail setup to your phone, when you get a PM through BARF your phone will tell you since it'll be a e-mail.

Just remember, if you need help, please post up a thread in General, being very specific in your thread title: "Crashed, Need Help!". In the Body of the post, please list your location (as best as possible... nearest City, so I know who to tap), and ask anyone who has my number to text me right away. During the week, I'm only online during my breaks. But I always have my cell phone with me, and a text message is guaranteed to get my attention.
Nicely, there are a LOT of wonderful BARFers who may very well jump in and come to the rescue before I'd have a chance to make some calls... but in the event that doesn't happen, I will make sure you get help! :)

Note: if you don't have internetz on your cell, call a friend, and have them post up for you. Be sure to include some way to contact you... you can always go back and edit your number out of the original post later.

Ride safe, Everyone! :ride

ur quite an angel

antioch area have truck and ramp. i'll pm my number. i just moved out here so gotta give me some time to get there dont know the area that well but willing to help.

If you have your e-mail setup to your phone, when you get a PM through BARF your phone will tell you since it'll be a e-mail.

Yes, AFAIK on all smart phones you can have your e-mail box as a shortcut on your phone. I have a blackberry Tour.

BUT if you have yahoo or something similar, you can go into the settings menu and have your e-mails forwarded to your cell phone like a text message.

I can help you on on a libmo meet night if you have a smart phone.
Or if you need help with the 2nd way, having yahoo forward your e-mails to your cell phone, I can come over and help you if you can't get it.

antioch area have truck and ramp. i'll pm my number. i just moved out here so gotta give me some time to get there dont know the area that well but willing to help.

Thanks, Angelo, you're on the list! :thumbup

Yes, AFAIK on all smart phones you can have your e-mail box as a shortcut on your phone. I have a blackberry Tour.

BUT if you have yahoo or something similar, you can go into the settings menu and have your e-mails forwarded to your cell phone like a text message.

I can help you on on a libmo meet night if you have a smart phone.
Or if you need help with the 2nd way, having yahoo forward your e-mails to your cell phone, I can come over and help you if you can't get it.

Thank you, Nate, I'd appreciate the help setting it up! That would make it easy! :)

I can volunteer mysself to anyone in the San Jose/ Santa Clara area. I have a "mid" size truck and ramp and tie downs.

I can volunteer mysself to anyone in the San Jose/ Santa Clara area. I have a "mid" size truck and ramp and tie downs.

Please PM me your contact info, and I'll put you on the list! Thanks for being willing to help out fellow BARFers! :)

I was just thinking. Google latitude would be an amazing tool to find people for those that have an android phone. I'm sure there are a lot of iPhone apps that people have that could use to ping each other on the map as well, that could come to use when finding a downed rider.

Edit: just in case anyone doesn't know, latitude only needs the email address.of.whoever you are.trying to find and it places them on your map.

Last edited:
I don't have a truck and am still quite a noob...but just wanted to say....you guys are just awesome!!!

Connie, I have my truck and a ramp now. Still not working, so if someone needs help during workin' hours, I can offer assistance :)

Connie, I have my truck and a ramp now. Still not working, so if someone needs help during workin' hours, I can offer assistance :)

Megan, that's great! I'll get you on the list! :thumbup

Back