If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Connie, I have my truck and a ramp now. Still not working, so if someone needs help during workin' hours, I can offer assistance :)

Daytime is the best time to break down withith all of us unemployed barfers these days.... ugh.

I'm new to the forum but Ill shoot you a PM. Have a truck and a ramp. Dont mind helping at all, nothing like being stranded....

To anybody that has a truck and is interested in purchasing ramps...

1st off, here is a ramp caluculator that brings the height of your truck into the equasion that
can help you decide how long of ramps you will need for clearance: http://www.ramp-master.com/calculator.html

I bought a set of ATV ramps so that I do not have to ride the bike up, I can walk up 1 ramp,
then use the throttle and clutch to use the bike's power to get itself up the other ramp.
However quite a few time I have come across bikes where there is a mechanical malfunction
and it needs to be pushed up. In which case I will still walk up the 1 ramp and steer the
bike/hold it level while the bikes owner pushes the bike up the other ramp,
or vise versa if the owner is not strong enough to push it up.
Here is a good set of ramps less than $100: http://www.discountramps.com/atv-ramp-kit.htm
These are similar to the ramps I have, mine are aluminum though and will support 550 lbs per runner.

Having 2 ramps is waaaay safer and easier IMO and the way to go. Just be real careful when
backing the bike out of the truck bed, make sure it is being backed off completely straight.
And also these ramps come included with safety straps so the ramps don't fall of the tailgate.

PM me. Post it up in General, and ask someone who knows me to TEXT ME- Texts get read, even if I'm at work, while a voicemail may get missed. Be sure to include your general location (Hiway 9 near Boulder Creek, Hiway 1 near Tomales, etc).

After the posts the last couple of days from people needing help, I thought I should put this up. I have a private "emergency contact" list of people willing to help in various locations around the Bay, in the event I can't get there myself. No one should be stranded on the side of the road, hurt, wondering how much damage they took, the bike took, and how they're getting home, let alone the bike.

I'll either arrange for one of my contacts to help, or come get you myself.

If you have a truck & ramp, and are willing to be on the contact list, please let me know. The more names I have, the better the chance of getting someone out right away. PM me with your name, phone number, and your city. I'll add you to the list, and thank you for your willingness to help out fellow BARFers! :)

Best thread ever!:thumbup

Too bad I don't have a truck or I'd throw my name in the hat.

Hey everyone my name is TIM and I live in Hollister. I have a truck and ramp and small assortment of tools. so if you need some help in this area or a tow to a local shop please call me.:thumbup

Tim

Last edited:
Why don't you go ahead and add me to the list. I have access to a truck and ramp, and since I don't currently have a job, I have plenty of time to help out in the Salinas area. Connie, I'll PM you my info shortly.

Dave

once i get the truck back from the g/f I'll add my name to this list as well

Thanks, Guys, for volunteering and adding your names to the list... I really appreciate it! Hopefully I won't have to call any of you... but it's good to know that if someone needs help, it's there! :)

good thing, i still have my truck, but I'll let you know if I end up selling it or trading it in for an econobox like the 500..... XD

Sell me the truck, then it's still helping BARFers!! :teeth

:cool stuff.

Thanks to some..you get to get home...without pulling $$$ out of your.....

Oooh, you're bad... :devil

I mean that in a good way...

Well, his freezers are getting a little empty... and what can I say, I just love to help! :laughing

And like Mae West used to say... "When I'm good, I'm good... when I'm bad... I'm terrific..." :teeth

PM me. Post it up in General, and ask someone who knows me to TEXT ME- Texts get read, even if I'm at work, while a voicemail may get missed. Be sure to include your general location (Hiway 9 near Boulder Creek, Hiway 1 near Tomales, etc).

After the posts the last couple of days from people needing help, I thought I should put this up. I have a private "emergency contact" list of people willing to help in various locations around the Bay, in the event I can't get there myself. No one should be stranded on the side of the road, hurt, wondering how much damage they took, the bike took, and how they're getting home, let alone the bike.

I'll either arrange for one of my contacts to help, or come get you myself.

If you have a truck & ramp, and are willing to be on the contact list, please let me know. The more names I have, the better the chance of getting someone out right away. PM me with your name, phone number, and your city. I'll add you to the list, and thank you for your willingness to help out fellow BARFers! :)

You are awesome:)

Back