• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

My bike is stuck in Foresthill about 20 miles east of Auburn with a dead engine - XR650L

My wife is coming for me but I'll have to come back for the bike.

If you can help send a text to 925-NineSixThree-6925

Scott, I've got texts out to Splat and to Stormdragon, and I touched bases with another BARFer whose husband works out in Sac on a regular basis. It would take me about 2-1/2 hours to get out there, but if that's the only option we've got, I can get your bike home.

After exhausting all "easy" possibilities, I arranged for my son to come down from Truckee this evening after work and pick up the bike.

Consider this one handled.

And Connie, you're texting fiend. :laughing You've sent me more messages than all others put together since I've had this phone. I appreciate your efforts in rescuing stranded motorcyclists. :thumbup

After exhausting all "easy" possibilities, I arranged for my son to come down from Truckee this evening after work and pick up the bike.

Consider this one handled.

And Connie, you're texting fiend. :laughing You've sent me more messages than all others put together since I've had this phone. I appreciate your efforts in rescuing stranded motorcyclists. :thumbup

Connie is awesome!

This is what you meant to say:

Y7OLjq6.jpg

Connie is awesome!

This is what you meant to say:

Y7OLjq6.jpg

Awwwww.... thank you! :blush

But it's the people who pitch in and help that are awesome! I couldn't get any of this done if it weren't for all the volunteers... Roadside Angels RAWK!!! :) :love :thumbup :love

Hi all, I don't post here often but I have a flat tire...
It's safe in the garage but I need to tow it to my mechanic - TokyoMoto in SF. I live on Fillmore and O'Farrell and the shop is on Mission and Van Ness. If anyone can help tomorrow morning, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll just call the tow truck.
908-705-0443
JD

JD, you can't patch it even briefly? It's only 1.5 miles. Hit up a Kragens or O'Reilleys for a plug kit & go to town.

JD, you can't patch it even briefly? It's only 1.5 miles. Hit up a Kragens or O'Reilleys for a plug kit & go to town.

I didn't have chance to look at in detail this morning. I pulled out the bike and realized that I had a flat. I don't know whether I hit a nail or some asshole punctured it on purpose...

I've never used a plug kit before and this is my first flat which is why I was looking to get it towed.

Understand, but plug kits are cheap and tows are expensive. And could damage your bike.

Hey JD the bike guy has inexpensive towing. Also, if you join the AMA not only does your money go to supporting motorcycle causes but there is towing coverage as well.

Hi all, I don't post here often but I have a flat tire...
It's safe in the garage but I need to tow it to my mechanic - TokyoMoto in SF. I live on Fillmore and O'Farrell and the shop is on Mission and Van Ness. If anyone can help tomorrow morning, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll just call the tow truck.
908-705-0443
JD
yo, i'll call you in the morning, standby....

FYI, this situation is not the purpose of this thread. Just post in general and someone will likely help. Otherwise, take 5 min to buy a plug kit and 5 more to plug the tire (if it is plugable).

As Aaron said, this thread, and the Roadside Angels, are for emergencies... when you and your bike are out in the middle of nowhere.
If your bike is safe in your garage, or a buddy's house, or at work, then General is the place to go. Post up with an offer of beer and covering gas expenses, and you'll have no problem lining up help! :)

Hey JD the bike guy has inexpensive towing. Also, if you join the AMA not only does your money go to supporting motorcycle causes but there is towing coverage as well.

Can you please tell me how to join AMA? And what does that stand for?

Btw, I used CC Rider Motorcycle Tow, as it was recommended by my shop. He charged me $70.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cc-rider-motorcycle-tow-san-francisco-2

yo, i'll call you in the morning, standby....
Hey Jake - thanks for the call this morning. I failed to check the forum last night and didn't know that you posted... bummer. We should ride together sometime :ride

As Aaron said, this thread, and the Roadside Angels, are for emergencies... when you and your bike are out in the middle of nowhere.
If your bike is safe in your garage, or a buddy's house, or at work, then General is the place to go. Post up with an offer of beer and covering gas expenses, and you'll have no problem lining up help! :)

Will do. Thanks for the info.

I went on my first longer ride today, from San Francisco up to Tahoe for a show. Only made it as far as Sacramento though. My dash display died, then my bike lost power. I was stuck on the side of the highway until a passing tow truck gave me a free tow to the next exit.

Currently at the Starbucks here:
4055 Lake Ct
West Sacramento, CA 95691
United States

Cell phone: ~~~~~~

What does one typically do so far from home? Stay overnight locally to get it fixed, then drive back down to San Francisco? Or just get it towed all the way back home to SF?

Are any of the Barf angels near enough to assist in some way?
Already PM'ed Connie.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:
It's likely going to cost a pretty penny to tow from Sac to SF. If you're staying nearby, don't leave your bike at Starbucks because it might be stolen. Tomorrow being Monday, there are plenty of shops in Sac to look at your bike.

Good on the truck driver for giving you a ride.

OK, so I bribed my friend John with promises of lasagna & apple pie to pick up the bike, and Keith has a friend coming out to pick him up and get him home.

Tomorrow we'll start figuring out what local shop to take it to, and how to get it there.

Recommend Davis Motorsports in Davis. Pretty close to West Sac.

Back