• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Spoke with Ben, and then was able to get Dima/Mockba on it! He'll be rolling out shortly! :love :love :)

We got a ride! Help is on the way! Thanks Connie, Dima, and the BARF community!

We got a ride! Help is on the way! Thanks Connie, Dima, and the BARF community!

Please, need tow help! Bike wedged under guardrail on 84 (between 35 and 1).

Need flatbed to bring bike back to Cupertino.

Please call Ben at 408.892.6397.

Thank you Connie, Dima, Ben and the BARF community! I am glad that I was able to discover such a great online biking community.

Thank you Connie, Dima, Ben and the BARF community! I am glad that I was able to discover such a great online biking community.

Roger, happy Dima was able to save the day and get you home! Hope the bike isn't too badly damaged! And I hope Ben picked up the Epsom Salts for you... you'll be happy to have that the next couple of days! :thumbup

All right my bike was knocked over in Montclair and it has broken off my left hand clutch lever. I'm begging for help up here or any thoughts on how to ride with a sheared off clutch lever.

Completely broken off, or is there an inch or so? If there's still some there, you can use that, just be easy with revving to match speeds.

Got it bome! Connie gave me that same great tip, cincinnatus. Only an inch and a half but got it home. But I'll be damned if my left hand is now sore. Thanks!

I rode 40+ miles with only an inch of a front brake lever, from the top of Mt. Tamilpias to San Ramon. Everything is possible. :laughing

Got it bome! Connie gave me that same great tip, cincinnatus. Only an inch and a half but got it home. But I'll be damned if my left hand is now sore. Thanks!

I'm just glad you made it home! :)

And don't forget to order spare brake/clutch levers to keep under your seat... and probably a spare clutch cable, as well... all inexpensive parts, but will save you hours of aggravation if you have them at the ready!
Or, more likely, since you would have them... you'd never need them... :laughing

Instead of under the seat, I used to run a spare clutch cable zip-tied the one that is installed. It makes it REALLY easy to swap out and takes up no extra storage space.

Instead of under the seat, I used to run a spare clutch cable zip-tied the one that is installed. It makes it REALLY easy to swap out and takes up no extra storage space.

As long as you can find the broken lever after the crash... :)

I think you misunderstood me. I still advocate keeping levers under the seat. Just not cables. Last I'll post on it, as this is not the right place for the discussion. Sorry for the spam, folks. My bad.

Hey all,
My bike is on 35 just south of kings mountain / Tunitas creek. At the call box mile marker 15 61. I'm getting a ride to Kaiser Permanente to get x-rays etc... Fairly banged up. If somebody could pick up my V-Strom and take it to Catalyst Reaction in San Carlos that would be awesome. I think my ContourRoam is somewhere around the crash site.

My cell is six five zero 867 - 7872

Hey all,
My bike is on 35 just south of kings mountain / Tunitas creek. At the call box mile marker 15 61. I'm getting a ride to Kaiser Permanente to get x-rays etc... Fairly banged up. If somebody could pick up my V-Strom and take it to Catalyst Reaction in San Carlos that would be awesome. I think my ContourRoam is somewhere around the crash site.

My cell is six five zero 867 - 7872

Rolling out from pacifica in 5 minutes.

Texting you in a sec

If ya need help Aaron, let me know.

Aaron, thank you!!!! :love

Called Ty, got voicemail, really hoping the injuries are minor!

Bike has been dropped off. Per Ty, his wife is with him at Kaiser. Healing thoughts being sent.

Back