• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

This is awesome.
Whoever is running this effort is amazing. Hats off to you!
Never seen anything like this on a forum and I've been on a lot of forums.

Help! Stuck in Marin. Need tow across GG bridge if anyone is heading that direction.

I believe my stator died on my ride. Stuck at the chevron in corte Madera heading 101S. Right off Madera blvd

415-830-1808
-Jordan

Last edited:
Help! Stuck in Marin. Need tow across GG bridge if anyone is heading that direction.

I believe my stator died on my ride. Stuck at the chevron in corte Madera heading 101S. Right off Madera blvd

415-830-1808
-Jordan

I sent a text. Will call shortly if I don't hear back.

Edit: just heard back. He says it's "sorted. " not sure by what means...

Last edited:
"Sorted" = Brit slang for "figured out / taken care of".

"Brilliant" = Brit slang for "beyond my capacity, thank God for American know-how" :laughing

Thanks everyone, this is a fantastic group. I had a nice little low speed crash on my SV650 yesterday and for a little while I wasn't able to get the bike running. A little futzing solved it, but knowing that you guys were there just in case I couldn't get the bike into rideable shape helped make the whole rotten experience dramatically less stressful. Thank you all.

415-830-1808
-Jordan

I sent a text. Will call shortly if I don't hear back.

Edit: just heard back. He says it's "sorted. " not sure by what means...

Thanks for the text! I got it sorted everyone!

Brilliant!!! :laughing

Glad you got it sorted, I didn't get the messages until way late... I wish people wouldn't break down on race weekends... I never remember to check my phone when I'm racing... and then I feel bad... :facepalm
Boney, thank you for jumping in to save the day! You are AWESOME!! :thumbup
JDM, hope it's nothing serious on the bike!

does anyone know they guys at blue streak towing in placerville ca?

they ended up towing the bike after the accident, and even though my friends said i had aaa they were next on the crash retrieve list and are aaa members.

gonna call aaa tomorrow and hopefully they will have some sympathy for me and pay the tow bill, but im not hopeful for that.

I wasn't able to stay at the scene due to being airlifted out to roseville medical center and just getting out tonight.

or if anyone is in that area, would you be willing to see what the condition of the bike is in and snap some pics? I dont think its gonna be usable but it was still running after about 20 min from the accident. it was to far down the hill to grab the photo after the accident.

The fees are already more they I paid for the bike and if its tweaked, may not be worth getting back. never had to deal with this before lol

any insight is helpful (btw, if there is a better spot for this post, let me know and I'll move it)

thanks!

Shaun

Wow, sorry to hear you got airlifted.... hope you heal up quick!

And please post up in General. You'll get much broader reach. This thread is mostly just read by my volunteers. Good luck, and I'm glad you're still here posting! :)

AAA Doesn't cover accident towing. So it wouldn't have helped. If you have full coverage let your insurance deal with them. If not get the bike ASAP because there is a daily charge for storage

Shaun, PM me, if you're up for it we can pick up the bike today.
Sorry Connie, I know this isn't what this thread is for but if anyone knows Suan can you get him to contact me?

sorry. wasn't sure where to post it. you can clean up these these posts to reduce the clutter :)

I'll shoot you a pm shortly thumper :)

A rider went down at Mary and central expressway this morning and was being treated by EMS when my buddy rode by, anyone have any details? He said it looked like there were two cars involved as well.

THE FOLLOWING ARE EXAMPLES OF WHAT DOES NOT BELONG IN THIS THREAD:

does anyone know they guys at blue streak towing in placerville ca?

they ended up towing the bike after the accident, and even though my friends said i had aaa they were next on the crash retrieve list and are aaa members.

gonna call aaa tomorrow and hopefully they will have some sympathy for me and pay the tow bill, but im not hopeful for that.

I wasn't able to stay at the scene due to being airlifted out to roseville medical center and just getting out tonight.

or if anyone is in that area, would you be willing to see what the condition of the bike is in and snap some pics? I dont think its gonna be usable but it was still running after about 20 min from the accident. it was to far down the hill to grab the photo after the accident.

The fees are already more they I paid for the bike and if its tweaked, may not be worth getting back. never had to deal with this before lol

any insight is helpful (btw, if there is a better spot for this post, let me know and I'll move it)

thanks!

Shaun

sorry. wasn't sure where to post it. you can clean up these these posts to reduce the clutter :)

I'll shoot you a pm shortly thumper :)

A rider went down at Mary and central expressway this morning and was being treated by EMS when my buddy rode by, anyone have any details? He said it looked like there were two cars involved as well.

I can't find anything online about it.

The thread title says it all: IF YOU CRASH OR BREAK DOWN, & NEED HELP GETTING YOUR BIKE HOME...

Please don't clutter up this thread with random unrelated posts... it's for the Roadside Angels, and for people who need help getting them and their bikes home in an emergency... and it's nice to have someone who just stumbled across the thread to post up an appreciation for the willingness to help out of my awesome volunteers... but the stuff posted above does NOT belong in here. All those posts should have been put in "General".
Thanks for understanding! :)

Last edited:
Hey Connie did you get my PM about helping out in the sac area? You can delete this after. Just wanted to make sure that you knew you had someone people could call up here.

Hey Connie did you get my PM about helping out in the sac area? You can delete this after. Just wanted to make sure that you knew you had someone people could call up here.

I did, Cody, I've just been remiss in getting back to you... have not been on BARF a whole lot over the last couple of months.
Yours is an example of a perfectly acceptable post- always always ALWAYS happy to have someone volunteering to help out! :)
It's people like you who help to make this place such an awesome place to be! :thumbup

Please, need tow help! Bike wedged under guardrail on 84 (between 35 and 1).

Need flatbed to bring bike back to Cupertino.

Please call Ben at 408.892.6397.

Need flatbed to bring bike back to Cupertino.

Please call Ben at 408.892.6397.

has this been handled? i just got home and saw it.

Back