• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Make love, not war - It's a 60s and 70s party! 2/7/09

Are you going?

• Yes, I'll be there with ___ guests.

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Sorry, I can't make it.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I'm a definite maybe.

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm only doing the bare minimum even though we all know what we think about people doing the bare minimum.

OfficeSpaceFlair.jpg

havent had any luck finding hippie clothes in the closet :(.... is everyone dressing up?

Probably most, but it's not mandatory. Don't stay home just because you can't come up with any "proper" clothes. :party

Well, sorta. I'm gonna try to make a bouffant, but we'll see how that goes...

And well, if you're out of ideas, visit berkeley. I just picked up a tie dye shirt on telegraph on my lunch break. :teeth

Yes!! Clothes Contact is the BEST! Everything is organized by era and style ('60's, `70's, hippie, etc.) and is priced by the pound (Ben got jeans, a belt and a bandana for $13). They have LOTS of great stuff. I had no luck in the Haight as well.

I got a bunch of tri-tip - I'll make 1/2 teriyaki and 1/2 BBQ rub I use on my ribs. I am almost tempted to make chocolate fondue (haha) but am worried about the mess....do we have cake? I could make/bring one of appropriate theme.....

Yes!! Clothes Contact is the BEST! Everything is organized by era and style ('60's, `70's, hippie, etc.) and is priced by the pound (Ben got jeans, a belt and a bandana for $13). They have LOTS of great stuff. I had no luck in the Haight as well.

The most common thing I found in the Haight were overpriced tie-dies for damn near $30! Talk about fleecing the tourists. :laughing

I'm hitting up the Mission Saturday morning.

are there any upscale shops in Walnut Creek that sell 60's era clothes :confused

:snobsmilie

:twofinger

not that I am saying I am gonna be there, jus wunnerin, in case I change me mind :rofl

i'll be there wearing my tight blue polyester shirt.

I just realized that this will be my first OFG party that i've attended since i turned 21

Fashion goes in cycles.

Hopefully that cycle skips the 80's :laughing

Ummm Mike...have you missed the whole skinny jean, skinny tees, tights and long sweaters that all the girls are wearing? I hate 80's fashion and it has been plaguing stores for too long now! At least people aren't pegging their pants...

A solid maybe on the party...sounds like fun!

most excellent correne-I really hope to see you there!

I am doing the 60's since that's when I was born. I am looking for boots but found a kinda mod dress. This should be fun!

I couldn't find a mod dress to save my life :cry I wanted to look like Twiggy, but I guess not. Now it's gonna have to be more along the lines of Twiggy who couldn't find what she really wanted to wear :rofl

I'm trying to do 60's also, but I have had so much cheap white wine since then I can't differentiate between the 60's and 70's

All's I know is, I had to buy two outfits cos one of them is waaaaaaaaaaay short, I mean waaaaaaaaaay short, but that's how we used to wear them, not sure at pushing 47 I should be emulating that style again tho

Please don't call the fashion police on me eh :angel

All's I know is, I had to buy two outfits cos one of them is waaaaaaaaaaay short, I mean waaaaaaaaaay short, but that's how we used to wear them, not sure at pushing 47 I should be emulating that style again tho

Please don't call the fashion police on me eh :angel
Emulating??? Lady, you're setting the trend, the posers are the ones "emulating".

Sheesh...

:teeth (with some ZZ Top song playing in the background, to boot).

MARS thrift show on telegraph opens up at 11am if anyone needs an outfit. they had a ton of clothes for sale

Emulating??? Lady, you're setting the trend, the posers are the ones "emulating".

Sheesh...

:teeth (with some ZZ Top song playing in the background, to boot).

awww :love

i bought some shoes too, again, not sure the era is correct but f00k it, they have some circles on em so in my book, they are 60's :p

Maybe we should vote on which one you should wear. :teeth

If you wear the short one, will you be sporting knickers under it? :laughing

CUPCAKES!! I'll make cupcakes - 1/2 DISCO and 1/2 Flower Power!! :teeth

:thumbup :drool

Back