• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Make love, not war - It's a 60s and 70s party! 2/7/09

Are you going?

• Yes, I'll be there with ___ guests.

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Sorry, I can't make it.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I'm a definite maybe.

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I found the shirt to wear. It closely resembles a combo of astroturf and shag carpet. :laughing :laughing

Now I must find pants and shoes.

I couldn't find a mod dress to save my life :cry I wanted to look like Twiggy, but I guess not. Now it's gonna have to be more along the lines of Twiggy who couldn't find what she really wanted to wear :rofl

I'm trying to do 60's also, but I have had so much cheap white wine since then I can't differentiate between the 60's and 70's

All's I know is, I had to buy two outfits cos one of them is waaaaaaaaaaay short, I mean waaaaaaaaaay short, but that's how we used to wear them, not sure at pushing 47 I should be emulating that style again tho

Please don't call the fashion police on me eh :angel

Oy!

41VND27XCBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

OY :p

can't pull that off, not with the muffin, and I can't find any boots like that and I *aint* buying used :hand :laughing

oh, and the boob issue too :rofl

I just did a dress rehearsal, and I am afraid I have gone from Twiggy to Julie Christie, stuck between midnight december 31st 1969 and 1am january 1st 1970. I can't get me eras straight :p

ah f00k it, you lot will be in for a treat, but don't laff too much, I did ask if it was OK for us old farts to wear mini skirts

(off to do a practice run with the makeup - how the hell do you apply false eyelashes ??)

yeah, but not that version

or am I thinking of someone else :confused

IONO, you tell me when you see me, and no insults pretty please :)

Ummm Mike...have you missed the whole skinny jean, skinny tees, tights and long sweaters that all the girls are wearing? I hate 80's fashion and it has been plaguing stores for too long now! At least people aren't pegging their pants...

A solid maybe on the party...sounds like fun!

I have been seeing girls with pegged pants... where have you been? Its 2009.

Maybe we should vote on which one you should wear. :teeth

If you wear the short one, will you be sporting knickers under it? :laughing

:thumbup :drool

too late, decision made. fook it, yer only old once :rofl and yes, normally commando me is gonna have some knickers on, over me tights :)

Maybe we should vote on which one you should wear. :teeth

If you wear the short one, will you be sporting knickers under it? :laughing

:thumbup :drool

I'll take Julie Christie over Twiggy any day.

oy, I was confused, it wasn't Julie Christie

Look for someone who looks like this

:toothless :twofinger

Attachments

• sixties-mini-shift-dress.jpg
    sixties-mini-shift-dress.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 25
We might arrive on the earlier side of things if that's ok.

thats it!! im going through the parents closet, im bound to find something... i was after all, a hippie child :laughing

mother fucking shitcakes mcgee :mad I can't find the grateful dead shirt I was going to wear.

Oh shit...is this TODAY already?

Looking forward to seeing most of you.
Others...not so much.

:teeth

Well fuck me, the shirt I was gonna wear apparently came from the sixties or seventies cuz the fucker didn't survive the wash. It fell apart. :rofl

I guess I'm gonna be present era dressed. :/

Well fuck me, the shirt I was gonna wear apparently came from the sixties or seventies cuz the fucker didn't survive the wash. It fell apart. :rofl

was that era so long ago that your shirt turned to dust when it came into contact with oxygen?? :wtf

I know what you mean. That pocket protector I held onto wasn't designed to stay plyable for 35 years...

Back