• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

Anyone venture out to The Junction today?

Edit: Went out this morning. There was a little bit more dirt/gravel and a few wet patches here and there, otherwise it's not too bad.

Last edited:
Made it to the junction tonight with the hoon'n crew.
Roads were suprisngly clean! Besides a rather large chunk of firewood I nicked.

6B2i8OJl.jpg

Last edited:
Mines Road today. A few gravel spots on a few turns and a bit of moisture where the sun don't shine.

eKhbrKsh.jpg

The Junction

vSZ5WHTh.jpg

WJx2Xoxh.jpg

Motorcycle folks keeping the Junction alive. :thumbup

Mines Road today.

Same as last weekend with a bit of moisture here and there and a bit of gravel here and there.

The Junction

tk4gqREh.jpg

Mines toward Livermore

EI8eoEph.jpg

NteE0mSh.jpg

I like to ride early near sunrise when I can, winter is hard to judge roads at cold temps. I ride Mines 1-3 times a month year round last couple years. It can be deceiving, I’ve seen frost covering a dry road and black ice in the shadows. I posted about the one time I turned around and got the usual stupid “it’s not that bad replies” from people passing through hours later. It’s up to you, later is better. Clear skies often mean low temps and the various valleys can vary in temp by 10+ degrees in a mile span, it’s quite the micro climate example. Ride your ride, be safe!

Fuck sounds sketch but the snow would be neat to see. Now that I think about it I have ridden it in past years with patches of snow on the shoulders, but probably safer later in the day when temps get a little higher.

I only have until 1P to ride tomorrow but want to get a ride in with a buddy somewhere... Maybe we'll do just a PT Reyes loop or something.

No snow, no ice, not even frost. However, they sprayed sand on the road just a couple of corners from the observatory.

Mines, from Livermore to The Junction, was way cleaner than I expected today. Very few turns with enough gravel in them to make a difference.

Mines, from Livermore to The Junction, was way cleaner than I expected today. Very few turns with enough gravel in them to make a difference.

Agreed.

Junction to Lick had a handful of damp patches. Lick to SJ had more damp, between Grant (?) Lake trailhead and Grand View restaurant. Otherwise clear and clean.

What they said^^^^^

Plan to go up today on the thrasher smoke bike :thumbup

He0bbqbh.jpg

Went today instead. Redwood -> Palomares -> Mines over mt hammy then jammed 880 back. Roads are surprisingly clean for this time of the year. Chicken sandwich at the junction is bomber.

Yo Grant, I still haven't forgotten our "plan" we made last year to go riding together! I haven't forgotten how you left me in the dust at Grizzly Peak on that street fightered 98 R1 you had... :twofinger

Picking up a cbr600f4 in the next few weeks and let's ride! :ride

Back