• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

A few nights back, around the midnight hour.
Crisp and cool, only had one near impact with a deer at 75mph.
* shrug *

Was in the low 40's on Mines around 12am.

4Kq7Rnql.jpg

Last edited:
Crispy cool and fast

Still a little cool out, 45-50°, roads are insanely clean, dry, fast, smooth, fun... well you get the idea.

Attachments

• F9E966DA-9C75-4A6F-8B84-03AB337323CE.jpg
    F9E966DA-9C75-4A6F-8B84-03AB337323CE.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 49
Still a little cool out, 45-50°, roads are insanely clean, dry, fast, smooth, fun... well you get the idea.

Never seen it so clean in years.been getting out there a couple times a week.:thumbup

My sensors read 53 F at the bottom of Mt Hamilton

Possible snow flurries today down to 2000’, Mt Ham is 4354’, oh yeah!

Taken one driveway from Lick Observatory almost exactly a year ago...do it!!!:ride

..and this one was at the observatory almost exactly 2 years ago! They had the road closed at Grant Park, so I turned around and went up Mines! By the time I got to the top the road back down to SJ was open.

IMG_7226-XL.jpg

..and this one was at the observatory almost exactly 2 years ago! They had the road closed at Grant Park, so I turned around and went up Mines! By the time I got to the top the road back down to SJ was open.

IMG_7226-XL.jpg

I hope you were smarter than me and had heated grips:rofl

Looks like Mt. Hamilton was closed at the Grants park this weekend. Did anyone ride from the Livermore side Saturday or Sunday? What is the sand and mud slide situation?

Looks like Mt. Hamilton was closed at the Grants park this weekend. Did anyone ride from the Livermore side Saturday or Sunday? What is the sand and mud slide situation?

Rode Mines road from Livermore yesterday (Sunday) to the Junction, boy am I glad that I decided last minute to take Del Puerto back instead of continuing on to Hamilton!

On the the Mines side, starting from ~10 miles before Junction the hillsides were blanketed in melting snow. It was quite a trip!:wow

Rode Mines road from Livermore yesterday (Sunday) to the Junction, boy am I glad that I decided last minute to take Del Puerto back instead of continuing on to Hamilton!

On the the Mines side, starting from ~10 miles before Junction the hillsides were blanketed in melting snow. It was quite a trip!:wow

Same, did a few runs of Mines and Del Puerto. I didn't even start on the road to Hamilton, because I know the backside gets cold and snowy.

Here's the Del Puerto ride footage

Besides snow on the road in one turn (I believe "Beth's" turn, if I'm not mistaken), but it was just a small part (I was there around 1pm on Sundary). Other parts seems to have dirt in same cornerns as usual, just a bit more, but usually visible (just don't hug inner side)

Back