• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

- San Jose side of Mt.Hami is in decent shape given the rain that we had. There is sand on the road starting about 15 turns before the top.

- The backside of Mt.Hami is even cleaner, only two corners with leftover sand.
- Caltrans is starting the work on the portion of the road (after the bridge) that eroded during the last rainy season. Question is that if they are closing both lanes and for how long?

- Rest of the road is pretty clean except between mile marker 10-18 on Mines road.

San Antonio Valley Rd closed m-s 8-4 til 4/1

About 15 miles south of the junction. Small slide, they areworking on the lower side.
m-s = Monday - Saturday

Attachments

• 85CE1208-8FFB-4314-8E10-60CD7DFB4D20.jpeg
    85CE1208-8FFB-4314-8E10-60CD7DFB4D20.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 55D682D2-6917-4B91-B168-D8289392AA3F.jpeg
    55D682D2-6917-4B91-B168-D8289392AA3F.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Mines Rd SB from Livermore pretty good, two water crossings, some damp spots and the usual dirty spots. San Antonio Rd. between the Junction and the closure is fantastic clean and dry. NB Mines is not so good from @ mile marker 11-17, muddy, two large puddles in the lane, down tree. The rest of NB is OK.

Last edited:
That ain't no small slide!
So Sunday is going to be the only Hammy/Mines GP day :(

Last edited:
was out in the car today but snagged some riders headed to the junction around 2pm - didn't have much time to adjust settings on my camera so they didn't come out great

VHyXbfOl.jpg

Fy3MjDel.jpg

tblbq4Zl.jpg

That ain't no small slide!
So Sunday is going to be the only Hammy/Mines GP day :(

Well, correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t this the spot where they already had one lane control with stop signs, the shoulder and fog line were already gone from last year? But yes, now two thirds of the Lane is gone and I hope it doesn’t get worse.

It was stunning yesterday (Sunday 3/25). Two tiny water crossings. I had no idea what road I was on, just that I was on my way home from the observatory, nor did I know it was deserving of its own thread, but Mines Rd was like skiing and I'm at work all hearteyes.

It was stunning yesterday (Sunday 3/25). Two tiny water crossings. I had no idea what road I was on, just that I was on my way home from the observatory, nor did I know it was deserving of its own thread, but Mines Rd was like skiing and I'm at work all hearteyes.

mines is good - but if you feel this way about it - you should get your ass to the north bay my friend :) :ride

Mines has far far less traffic compared to almost any north bay road(s)

I do 250 miles up through berryessa and very rarely pass more than a handful of cars. Roads are cleaner, smoother and no one way traffic to worry about.

It's not a popularity contest - though I know you enjoy disagreeing with me - both areas are great in their own way.

Last edited:
I do 250 miles up through berryessa and very rarely pass more than a handful of cars. Roads are cleaner, smoother and no one way traffic to worry about.

It's not a popularity contest - though I know you enjoy disagreeing with me - both areas are great in their own way.

I've never pictured Berryessa and North Bay to be the same thing, but I guess that does make sense. :laughing

It is a popularity contest, and I'm winning!

I've never pictured Berryessa and North Bay to be the same thing, but I guess that does make sense. :laughing

It is a popularity contest, and I'm winning!

:laughing i've only been here for a year so let's chalk my faux pas up to my geographical stupidity :)

I agree - when I hear North Bay roads I think Marin and Sonoma counties. Not sure why.

Public service announcement for dumbasses like me: If you're used riding up Mt. Hammie on Distanzia's (some tread that's good for fire roads) and then suddenly switch to Q3+'s (basically no tread) then all that gravel strewn about the pavement WILL actually initiate a slide quite nicely.:facepalm

At least I was on a supermoto so I just dusted myself off and kept going.:thumbup

Public service announcement for dumbasses like me: If you're used riding up Mt. Hammie on Distanzia's (some tread that's good for fire roads) and then suddenly switch to Q3+'s (basically no tread) then all that gravel strewn about the pavement WILL actually initiate a slide quite nicely.:facepalm

At least I was on a supermoto so I just dusted myself off and kept going.:thumbup

Don't you blame it on the tires! :rofl

Glad you're alright.

Don't you blame it on the tires! :rofl

Glad you're alright.

Oh, I'm blaming the tires :x Also, I'm blaming Avon because they stopped making Distanzia's. Oh, and the rain! It was the rain's fault. Damn rain.:twofinger

Back