• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

Anyone been out to The Junction or Lick Observatory lately?

I was out there maybe 2 weeks ago. Mine's was pretty dirty but gorgeous with everything green and the creek flowing.

Rode to Patterson and back from SJ this past weekend. Some gravel near the top of Ham on the backside, probably from sanding the road when it was icy. Also a small water crossing near the end of Del Puerto. Overall clean, dry, and awesome.

Had a burger at The Junction weekend before last. Was a nice ride down Mines despite having to stop to help with a wipeout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6qBqNur5hE

Nice man, good on you for stopping and helping out :thumbup

Lots of photos from the area in this thread: https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340781&page=150

Mines and The Junction is more popular for photos there than any other place.

I should frequent that thread more... kinda shows all the beautiful places to stop that I always fly by and take for granted.
Also nice updated pic

Rode to Patterson and back from SJ this past weekend. Some gravel near the top of Ham on the backside, probably from sanding the road when it was icy. Also a small water crossing near the end of Del Puerto. Overall clean, dry, and awesome.

Got it. Will keep an eye out on Ham and thanks for the update

Did Mines, Hamilton last weekend - March 31. Nothing unsual - the usual gravel. Could still do a spirited pace with some fun power sldies and the junction was sprawling. The most crowded I have seen that place. There was some Porsche meetup as well!

p1hLqC7h.jpg

Xb87Btvh.jpg

EN2xvboh.jpg

FTFMJ9kh.jpg

I was out there that Sunday as well. Porsche group showed up as we were getting ready to leave. Timed it right. Place was very crowded but I've only been a few times so not a lot of points to compare it to.

I was out there that Sunday as well. Porsche group showed up as we were getting ready to leave. Timed it right. Place was very crowded but I've only been a few times so not a lot of points to compare it to.
I think I saw you pass by - 2017 Factory?

Did Mines, Hamilton last weekend - March 31. Nothing unsual - the usual gravel. Could still do a spirited pace with some fun power sldies and the junction was sprawling. The most crowded I have seen that place. There was some Porsche meetup as well!

I think I saw your group towards the beginning of Mines. We were a group of two; green Ninja 1000 (with saddlebags) and an S1000r. Great day.

From 3/31. Nice and mellow all the way from SJ, saw a bunch of Porsches at the Junction, so went on to have lunch by Livermore/Pleasanton area.

Attachments

• DSC07871-91 1 small.jpg
    DSC07871-91 1 small.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 61
Incredible morning and roads, left Livermore , took Calaveras to Milpitas, jogged over to Mt Ham., over the top back to Livermore on Mines Rd. Pretty clean and smooth all the way @110 miles. Starting early meant I didn’t get stuck behind or have to pass anyone the whole way. Only one head on (Tesla) driver on Calaveras. Was so beautiful and green, I actually had to stop and check some of the views when I usually don’t stop at all. This ride was such a great mental reset. I haven’t been on Calaveras since before the closure.

My parents are visiting from HI and I got the chance to take Mom for a spin over Hamilton to the Junction for lunch. She managed to fit into my wife's leathers just right. Had a great ride, San Antonio Valley is beautiful right now.

Attachments

• A5795702-A1CB-4FE6-BB20-05E3524FF029.jpg
    A5795702-A1CB-4FE6-BB20-05E3524FF029.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 57
Did a late run after a long time starting at 3 pm from Fremont. Was pretty clean, brisk pace. Tires are toast ... Observatory was closed by the time we reached at 5:30pm. Always enjoy the junction atmosphere. Much more relaxed and laid back then the stupid rush at Alice's.

CO6Kqbxl.jpg

Anyone ran Mines/Hamilton this week? I'm assuming it's been cleared up a bit more with traffic and the lack of rain.

I was up at Hamilton on the 21st. It was pretty clean, two rivers but they were mild with no holes hiding under them before you got to Santa Clara county. Lots of guys in sportscars who were just flying around...

Some gals wrecked their Ninja 250 like 10 miles in and then on the other-side some idiot kids rolled their Miata on the downside of 130 towards San Jose. Decent amount of gravel going UP the backside of Hamilton.

Race organizers usually sweep the road of sand/gravel/nails before the race.
Mohave county has swept the old 66 every year before the Laughlin river run, following weekend vintage cars on 66, a twofer.

Enjoy the clean pavement

Back