• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

I will be riding the clean pavement after the race!

Watch out for chalk. Most will be up by Mt Hamilton would be my guess. They colored Del Porto Canyon good a few years ago.

chalkbot.jpg

Anyone know if sr130/ del puerto will be affected tomorrow due to the amgen tour?

Last sat the road was unusually clean.

+1 on how it looks up there. Says the tour isn’t passing through until Tuesday.... will it be clear up there today / tomorrow?

I am heading out shortly. I will update in 3 hrs or so

Roads are open. Hardly any traffic east of the observatory

I rode up from alum Rock to the observatory from around 430 to 630pm...saw quite a few people on the way up and down, got some friendly waves. Any barfers?

Watch out for chalk. Most will be up by Mt Hamilton would be my guess. They colored Del Porto Canyon good a few years ago.

chalkbot.jpg

Is that a new version of bubble gum? "Don't know why I beaned it, must have been the chalk!" :rofl

Nothing new on Hamilton or Del Puerto....as of today.

mines and del puerto very clean today-homicidal group of goats on del puerto near walkabout ranch.

Thought it was going to be busy this morning but didn't hit any traffic on Mines. Its always nice listening to the sound of V4s roll into the junction while drinking coffee. Nothing new on Mines.

Thought it was going to be busy this morning but didn't hit any traffic on Mines. Its always nice listening to the sound of V4s roll into the junction while drinking coffee. Nothing new on Mines.

I was there on my V4 :thumbup:teeth:ride

VjMvD8Ml.jpg

3HOVs8cl.jpg

Handling sucks on the Racer but he was quick on it. The lanky dude makes it look like a minibike!

Handling sucks on the Racer but he was quick on it. The lanky dude makes it look like a minibike!

Yeah, I can't imagine what tiny little clip-ons feel like on such a long and heavy bike. It's not bad with a nice set of wide handlebars. It is a beautiful bike though.

Once he gets the cc products bar kit, I think it will be much more comfortable

Yeah, I can't imagine what tiny little clip-ons feel like on such a long and heavy bike. It's not bad with a nice set of wide handlebars. It is a beautiful bike though.
The standard R9T on other hand is an amazing handling bike. I was comfortable running my usual pace the moment I twisted its throttle. The rake is also right on the R9T whereas the racer is raked out too much. The std is a better racing platform IMHO.

The standard R9T on other hand is an amazing handling bike. I was comfortable running my usual pace the moment I twisted its throttle. The rake is also right on the R9T whereas the racer is raked out too much. The std is a better racing platform IMHO.

Yeah, supposedly they raked out the entire lineup (including the standard) after 2016 or 2017.

While I love the racer, I feel like they should've gone ultra premium with it and added proper high-spec suspension, brakes, and quickshifter. They basically should've made a 'R-spec' bike to compete with the Thruxton R. I may eventually convert my standard standard to some sort of racer with the fairing if I ever start to use it as a weekend-only bike.

Back