• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

Never been to Mt Hamilton. Gonna check this out next week.

Seriously? Lemme know and maybe I can make a few turns with you. I'm at the bottom by Alum Rock.

Great road. Pretty tight twisties. The east side, San Antonio Valley Road, Mines and Del Puerto are more open.

Has anyone noticed just how bumpy it has gotten in the past year? From grant lake to the fire station is pretty bad.

Has anyone noticed just how bumpy it has gotten in the past year? From grant lake to the fire station is pretty bad.

Yeah, the roadbed was not engineered for three ton pickups and SUVs... in some places the road is moving. We just gotta learn where.

Seriously? Lemme know and maybe I can make a few turns with you. I'm at the bottom by Alum Rock.

Great road. Pretty tight twisties. The east side, San Antonio Valley Road, Mines and Del Puerto are more open.

Cool, I'd be coming in from Walnut Creek. Been several years since I've been on Mines but when I rode there I'd come in from Livermore and never past the Junction.

Next week Thurs or Fri (17-18) if that works for you.

It's not bad on a supermoto :cool

I had the best Tamales I have ever had at the Junction yesterday. The road was wonderful too.

the tamales looked good. Next time!!!

Such a beautiful day... amazingly clear and crisp.
Seeing the PU truck with load in his bed on the way up had me going... I hope this guy does not dump this here.

Sure enough on the way down he did.

Wish I would have gotten a pic of the perp.
Some people suck... he sucked. :thumbdown

Some lower sections of Hammy got some fresh pavement recently. I really wish they would level and freshen' up the section between the two parks.... especially the side going up toward the Observatory.

One can only hope it will continue. A lot of crap about 5/8 of the way up. I cannot imagine it all new. :drool

Had a White Black Friday drive up Mt. Hamilton. I apparently wasn't the only one there was quite a few people at the observatory. Drove instead of rode and glad I did it was snowing a bit and wet snowly roads at the top and it's nice to have heater and 4 wheel traction. Not the best day to go up there for the view as your are in the clouds when you are at the top.

First section is newly repaved! Nice and smooth the lines aren't all there yet though.
1129191346a_HDR-X2.jpg

1129191346-X2.jpg

1129191346b_HDR-X2.jpg

You can see snow at the Observatory from the park
1129191355_HDR-X2.jpg

SNOW
1129191426-X2.jpg

1129191426a-X2.jpg

1129191431_HDR-X2.jpg

1129191516c-X2.jpg

1129191523-X2.jpg

There was someone who rode up there in a VSTROM with a Sumitomo care tire in the rear
1129191446c-X2.jpg

1129191446b-X2.jpg

This dude has been around
1129191446-X2.jpg

It's cold
1129191452-X2.jpg

I made a snowman hard to do without gloves o_O'
1129191502-X2.jpg

1129191506_HDR-X2.jpg

Took Quimby down nice views
1129191548b_HDR-X2.jpg

1129191549_HDR-X2.jpg

Stopped by the Sikh Temple at the bottom
1129191558_HDR-X2.jpg

Last edited:
lol @ the darksider

nuts

I don't wish harm on them but... if I saw one wreck I'd just roll my eyes.

Props to the Moto Rider.

Or maybe..... a you crazy bro!

A night-sider cross-continental 'zuki? Impressive.

Frosty the snow man........... yada yada yada yada yada :teeth

Yeah that's actually the 2nd time I have seen a VSTROM running a car tire on the back. It was a Sumitomo. Many years ago I saw one at the Yosemite Dual Sport ride.

1129191446_HDR-X2.jpg

Check out the edges on that thing...like a drag slick, no need for a kickstand. :laughing

Back