• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

Rode up there yesterday. Road was blocked off and construction was going on (where the road washed away on 130)

Rode up Quimby instead.

I road Mines today, and Del Puerto Canyon. The dirt and gravel here and there along the route made it a bit more interesting. As long as you expect another patch just out of sight around that next corner and go at a speed where you can stay in one of the wheel tracks, it's not really an issue.

I quite liked Del Puerto Canyon today, but most of the problems with that road seem to be permanent. Riding a bike with soft suspension and a lot of travel made a big difference on that road. :)

I noticed that there isn't a BARF sticker anywhere on the freezer door at The Junction. I saw stickers for City Bike, MotoWRX, and quite a few other local places, along with all the cowboy stuff. I would suggest that "somebody" put at least four small BARF stickers around that blue sticker in the upper right corner. :twofinger

Seriously, somebody needs to do that. :laughing

TheJunction_zps6eryswud.jpg

I road Mines today, and Del Puerto Canyon.

I noticed that there isn't a BARF sticker anywhere on the freezer door at The Junction. I saw stickers for City Bike, MotoWRX, and quite a few other local places, along with all the cowboy stuff. I would suggest that "somebody" put at least four small BARF stickers around that blue sticker in the upper right corner. :twofinger

Seriously, somebody needs to do that. :laughing

I'll get right on that. Maybe tomorrow.

While I was descending toward Livermore a couple hours ago, up toward the Junction were coming a fire truck, ambulance + supervisor, and a motor unit (Alameda sheriff, I think), all rolling code 3. I hope, with their help, whoever got in trouble up there will be alright.

While I was descending toward Livermore a couple hours ago, up toward the Junction were coming a fire truck, ambulance + supervisor, and a motor unit (Alameda sheriff, I think), all rolling code 3. I hope, with their help, whoever got in trouble up there will be alright.

A guy on a moto broke his leg :(

The motor sheriff rode into the Junction, got a Gatoeaids, waved to us, and rode back down Mines.

Our ride, Quimby, Mt Hamilton, San Antonio Valley and back was lovely. Surprizingly clean. Many of the usual suspects were at the Function. Junction.

The motor sheriff rode into the Junction, got a Gatoeaids, waved to us, and rode back down Mines.

Our ride, Quimby, Mt Hamilton, San Antonio Valley and back was lovely. Surprizingly clean. Many of the usual suspects were at the Function. Junction.

You can say that again!

Dude on a V-Rod lost it in a corner on the way back to Livermore from the Junction. My guess is alcohol made him forget he was on a Harley.

Crash was most-likely not alcohol related.
Drove out there in the truck to plug my tire later in the evening and chatted with the ALCO.

Good to see everyone on their motorbikes :ride

Glad to have a touring bike on the ride so I could ride in style and comfort back to Livermore.

IMG_20170320_070154_707_zps7ahpw0o6.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC, Grant & I put the CityBike sticker on their reefer door. :party

Neither of us had a BARF sticker with us. Someone needs to work on having more BARF stickers available for BARFers to put on things... :teeth

3/30/17

From Livermore using the numbers on the road.. this is what I experienced today.

12-14 gravel all over the place caution folks my rear wheel was slippin good.

17 water crossing the road not bad but I slowed down none the less.

19 much more water crossing the road than at 17
huge pothole on left side of road about as big as a truck.

20 half the road missing:wtf big steel plates road narrows and there is a stop sign in both directions.
Overall for those who frequent Mines you have the classic winter gravel lines in some areas.
Make note that you will have to alter your riding line to avoid the gravel but you can still have fun.
Just use common sense and more caution right now.

Lunch at the junction awesome as usual. BBQ chicken pizza root beer :thumbup:thumbup:teeth
Hung out with some locals (ranchers) and staff, and only one bike showed up besides me:(
Any day you can just go ride is a good day.
Whammy out!:ride

Last edited:
Lunch at the junction awesome as usual. BBQ chicken pizza root beer :thumbup:thumbup:teeth
Hung out with some locals (ranchers) and staff, and only one bike showed up besides me:(

Some of us have monday to friday jerbs and stuff mang.

Some of us have monday to friday jerbs and stuff mang.

gotta get on that working remote train...if they have wifi at the junction i could work from there...

do they have wifi at the junction?!

gotta get on that working remote train...if they have wifi at the junction i could work from there...

do they have wifi at the junction?!

They do have some wifi up there.. I don't know whos it was but I connected to it and got email up there.
No phone service for me (AT&T) but I hear Verizon has coverage up there.
At least that's what the girl playing pokemon go said.:teeth

Back