• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

squirrel.jpg

The road conditions weren't too bad today from livermore to the junction.
Only a few corners with gravel mid corner, otherwise the gravel was visible
Good day to break in my new 1290.
Started raining around 11am when i headed back to livermore.

vIBByu7.jpg

The road conditions weren't too bad today from livermore to the junction.
Only a few corners with gravel mid corner, otherwise the gravel was visible
Good day to break in my new 1290.
Started raining around 11am when i headed back to livermore.

vIBByu7.jpg

Your chain looks loose or something

That's what I thought at first.. but it still looks weird because its not on an uphill.

It's facing downhill, the trans is holding the lower portion of the chain in tension while the upper section is free to hang.

Do you even engineer?

did any one make it out to the junction this past weekend?

I'm assuming the conditions are the same, unless the little rain we had a few weeks back made it worse...

I have gone the last two weekends.

The conditions are about the same.

Many gravelly spots but you can have a very good ride if you are very careful.

:ride

Yes, the roads are fine. I visited the junction yesterday. Went up about 10 am and returned about 3. 1st to the observatory (from San Jose side) and then the junction. Road was good (considering and seen must worst :afm199). I was 2 up on a 2009 Concours. No water crossings. a few rocks but I don't remember any problems. Gave $$ for a burger, beer and soda at the Junction. Never stopped before but was pleasant. Beautiful day in a great area :thumbup. not many bikes or cars. a pack of about 30 sportbikes came from the Libmo side as we left.
I would say any bike would be ok to take out that way. Enjoy!!!!! :ride :party :party

P.S. LOTS OF TINY BUGS IN THE AIR :thumbdown (LOTSSSSSSS !!!!)

Hamilton is open (but VERY dirty in places).

There's one minor water crossing still active on Mines

I made a leisurely run up and down Mines Thursday. :ride
Enjoyed a grilled cheese and a couple root beers at The Junction, then came back down to Livermore. Pretty much had the road to myself, and the weather was beautiful. Water at the usual spot, and a bit of gravel here and there, but overall I would say conditions were good. Gotta watch out for the suicidal ground squirrels this time of year though, those little buggers are ruthless! :laughing

Hamilton is open (but VERY dirty in places).

There's one minor water crossing still active on Mines

2 water crossings North of The Junction....been there forever. One typically dry or close to it, the other always has water....

It used to be "Arby's" hang-out. Watch the BIG bull chase bikers, spinning his wheels all the way on wet asphalt....hilarious...:laughing

2 water crossings North of The Junction....been there forever. One typically dry or close to it, the other always has water....

It used to be "Arby's" hang-out. Watch the BIG bull chase bikers, spinning his wheels all the way on wet asphalt....hilarious...:laughing
I meant that there's one that has water currently.

Went down to the Junction for lunch with Marco, great weather and food. Some dude on a white multistrada went by me like I was standing still, but I played nice since it was my third time.

Went down to the Junction for lunch with Marco, great weather and food. Some dude on a white multistrada went by me like I was standing still, but I played nice since it was my third time.

It was a S1000XR dipshit, And I wasn't riding that fast.You had about 5 min head start before I left the junction.Lol !

https://youtu.be/C2bTJoMqg68

Last edited:
:laughing shit well next time I'll be sure to get a good look up your ass make sure I call out the right FOG :ride

Back