• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

:p I guess so.. crazy riding!

riding like that was the only way he could gain some distance from the superbike :twofinger

Weren't you doing that to make fun of me? I know I move around on the bike too much :laughing I'm working on it!

Grant uses those bags as outriggers to help stabilize him through the high speed corners !! Grant do you want me to make you some steel shoes for the bottom of those bags before you wear holes in them or is it to late :rofl

Grant can't do any modifications to the bags until he accepts that motorcycle's superiority and purchases it from me :laughing

Please no steel shoes, I'd just end up lighting Mines Rd. on fire...

And no, I wasnt doing it to make fun of you. Gotta throw Connie around, otherwise she just scrapes her hang down giblets.

Last edited:
Mines was good today, perfect weather and Junction opened as we were resting so we stopped in for a bite.

Who is wheelie man pulling huge stand ups with a yoshi exhaust on his ktm adventure? I strongly approve :D

Mines was good today, perfect weather and Junction opened as we were resting so we stopped in for a bite.

Who is wheelie man pulling huge stand ups with a yoshi exhaust on his ktm adventure? I strongly approve :D

Geez he passed everybody on 1 wheel :rofl

Friday they were sweeping Hamilton, though there was a really dirty section where they were removing slide debris. Tomorrow is the bicycle thing on Del Puerto, San Antionio Valley, Hamilton, Quimby, White, San Felipe and Metcalf.

Unfortunately, they tried to clean only two sections and they did an okay job. I filed a service request....
Friday they were sweeping Hamilton, though there was a really dirty section where they were removing slide debris. Tomorrow is the bicycle thing on Del Puerto, San Antionio Valley, Hamilton, Quimby, White, San Felipe and Metcalf.

Unfortunately, they tried to clean only two sections and they did an okay job. I filed a service request....

I rode it Sunday with 89FJ and SmashAllen, Alameda county side had several dirty spots, I got pelted in a couple of corners really hard riding up 89FJs ass, would be nice if they swept from county line both sides back into Livermore, but it didn't seem to bother some crazy fuck on a KTM adventure bike, he passed all of us doing a wheelie and we were already doing a good pace, actually quite impressive :thumbup

That would be Barry on 1190 adventure ,He gave you guys a 5 min head start, Lol !

I'll have to revive my XR650L and give him a run for his money.
Just kidding, it only lasted 1,000 miles last go around... :laughing
I was just up there Friday on mine. You'll stay with the KTM until you get to any straight where it can accelerate, then bye bye. And you won't want to do much accelerating anyway, because then you'll have to be hard on the brakes, which the XR won't be too happy with. :laughing

I was specifically noticing that riding the XR quickly on tight roads is different from riding a faster bike with better brakes. I'm used to braking right before the turn to set up the proper speed for it, but the whole process is a bit different on a less powerful bike with lesser brakes and bigger front end dive on braking. It was still a lot of fun, just a different riding style. :ride

I was just up there Friday on mine. You'll stay with the KTM until you get to any straight where it can accelerate, then bye bye. And you won't want to do much accelerating anyway, because then you'll have to be hard on the brakes, which the XR won't be too happy with. :laughing

I was specifically noticing that riding the XR quickly on tight roads is different from riding a faster bike with better brakes. I'm used to braking right before the turn to set up the proper speed for it, but the whole process is a bit different on a less powerful bike with lesser brakes and bigger front end dive on braking. It was still a lot of fun, just a different riding style. :ride

My XR "has" 17"s, 450R front end and a huge 320mm rotor.
Brakes are used as aide in weight transitions. :rofl

I probably blew it up cause well... It just stayed WFO for 23 miles :rolleyes
BRP's don't like dat.

Back