• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

I probably blew it up cause well... It just stayed WFO for 23 miles :rolleyes
BRP's don't like dat.
It only took me about 15 miles of wide open throttle up a hill to blow mine up a few years ago, but I was way low on oil at the time. I found out that an XR motor will run on just half a quart of oil - just not for very long. :(

Last edited:
My XR "has" 17"s, 450R front end and a huge 320mm rotor.
Brakes are used as aide in weight transitions. :rofl

I probably blew it up cause well... It just stayed WFO for 23 miles :rolleyes
BRP's don't like dat.
Compare that to my WR450 supermoto, also with 17s, Brembo radial master, Braking 4pot caliper, Braking 320, etc and I found a chunk in the oil so it's time to split the cases (when I find the time).

Kinda wish I bought an XR650R instead.

That would be Barry on 1190 adventure ,He gave you guys a 5 min head start, Lol !

Holy crap Darrell that guy is a crazy fuck, as he passed each one of us he stood up on the pegs and wheelied past us and we were going at a pretty good pace, he was just toying with us, shit it was almost embarrassing :rofl, that guy definitely looks like he's been up and down that road a few times !!!!! He's got balls the size of grapefruit and mine just shrank up a sucked up inside:laughing

Holy crap Darrell that guy is a crazy fuck, as he passed each one of us he stood up on the pegs and wheelied past us and we were going at a pretty good pace, he was just toying with us, shit it was almost embarrassing :rofl, that guy definitely looks like he's been up and down that road a few times !!!!! He's got balls the size of grapefruit and mine just shrank up a sucked up inside:laughing
Keeping up with him is not easy, Barry on Vstorm & I
https://youtu.be/P9jyzO8lGek

Quite clean today, light traffik, few motos. None at the top. Zero. Bunch o cars.

Repeat tomorrow, unless I go dirtbiking.

Quite clean today, light traffik, few motos. None at the top. Zero. Bunch o cars.

Repeat tomorrow, unless I go dirtbiking.

Not Mines related .... planned to go up Hamilton today. Only having to make a U-turn midway up Quinby, due to a accident w/ several emergency vehicles closing / blocking the road way. Looked like it was going to be a while. Not sure what happened, as I didn't stick around. Headed to Sierra > Calaveras instead.

Really great this morning, clean lines on Mines and perfect conditions from the county line all the way up San Antonio to Mt Ham. I'm on top now, heading back the way I came, cuz it was so good.

Wow, it is great! Saw a coyote near the junction and a roadrunner a mile down from the top, deer, rabbits, Angus the bull on the correct side of the fence today, two small water crossings and one of those Kamikazi squirrels almost got me.

Last edited:
I had a nice drive up Mines yesterday myself. I thought I saw the two XR's... does this look familiar?

focus003

focus004

Angus the bull on the correct side of the fence today.
Still the big, huge, black guy? My gawd, how long do them things live for anyway? He's been there forever....:afm199

EDIT: Googled my own q= cattle/bulls lifespan is an average of 15-18 years. Well cared for they can live 25 years or longer. :wow

So I guess that guy is pretty old...

Last edited:
Still the big, huge, black guy? My gawd, how long do them things live for anyway? He's been there forever....:afm199

EDIT: Googled my own q= cattle/bulls lifespan is an average of 15-18 years. Well cared for they can live 25 years or longer. :wow

So I guess that guy is pretty old...

I don't actually think it's the same bull, he's black but seems to be thinner, maybe younger, but he was giving me the evil eye as I passed by.

Back